Breakup

Platonic

Breakup hurt/comfort, mild angst, lot of comfort fluff

TW// reluctance to eat, very brief self destructive behavior (mostly implied)

Word count: 1608

quick a/n
this has nothing to do with Harry's recent breakup, I am by no means saying this is at all realistic- this is purely fiction and not based on real life events.
also the girls name is completely made up.

—————————————————————

It was a Thursday afternoon.
Everyone bar Harry was seated on JJ and Simon's couch ready to film a few second channel videos, waiting on the younger lad to get here already, when Ethan receives a text from Cal.

Cal:
Hey mate, don't think bog has told you but him and the gf have broken up, ngl to you he's on the ropes so he's not going to make it to filming x

He does a once over of the message, not trusting his eyes with the information the first time round. He heard a sigh next to him that brings him back into reality.

"Uh lads, bogs not coming," Ethan starts.

"Oh for fucks sake what now? Is he hungover again because I swear to god if-" Ethan doesn't let JJ finish,
"Him and Molly just broke up." The room goes silent.
"What?" Josh asks, "when?" He follows up with.

"I'm not sure, Cals just after texting me, says he's on the ropes," Ethan preoccupies himself with texting Cal the fact he's on his way as the others murmur amongst themselves.
"Look i know we were meant to film but," he gives them a look to say, I have to go make sure he's okay.

He gets a confirmation from all of them quickly, all telling him to send their love.

Hopping in an Uber Ethan prays that there isn't too much damage control to be done.
He arrives at the flat quickly, taking the stairs to not waste time with the lift.
He knocks on the door, putting his phone in his pocket and waiting for a response.

Ethans POV:

I heard rustling from the other side of the door and when it opened, a very tired looking Calum Airey was staring back at me.
"Thank goodness mate," he mumbles tiredly, pulling me in by the shoulder.
"What's goin on then?" I ask.
"Happened yesterday, he didn't come out of his room the whole day, I eventually got him to open the door at like 1 last night, I- it's bad mate, really bad. I've never seen him like this," his voice is a low whisper as we walk towards the bedroom.
I just nod and chew on my bottom lip nervously.
"Let me know if you need anything but I'm gonna try and sleep for a few hours," he pats me on the back before leaving outside his room.

I knock gently on the door,
"Bog? Can I come in?" My voice contains the same gentle tone.
I don't hear a response so I take the initiative to go in.
"It's Ethan," I say quietly as I enter, closing the door behind me.

A small lamp on his bedside table softly lights up the room. I see a lump on his bed, indicating to me where he was.
I go over to the side his body's facing and kneel next to the bed.
My heart breaks in two seeing the look on the youngests tear-stained face.
"Hey mate," I say, a sad smile on my face as i reach up to brush some hair out of his eyes.
"Sorry for missing filming," is the first thing he says.

I mock roll my eyes, "don't even think about that bog, reckon you've got some other things on your plate hm?" I continue to run my hand through his hair. His eyes fill with unshed tears and he finally looks at me.
"She broke up with me Eth," his voice trembles.
If my heart wasn't broken the first time this certainly did it in.
"Oh bog," I say.