Sweets

After I finished getting ready and eating breakfast, I went to find Creed.

"So?"
"So umm...I-...I like...men."
"Okay. Congratulations." he stated.
"Congratulations? For what?"
"Well, you've found yourself. How did you realize?" he asked as he sharpened his blade.
"I kissed Nathan...and I enjoyed it..."
"So Nathan also..."
I nodded my head.
"Interesting."
"I would...I-I would like...umm...to umm..."
"Spit it out, we haven't got all day, now, have we?" he rushed.
"I would like to be with...Nathan...romantically..."
"You want him to be your boyfriend?"
I nodded.
"Well then make it so."
"I do not know how!" I said back in frustration. I began pacing.
"Well, you could start by spending more time together." he offered.
"Yes...spend time together where exactly?"
"Wherever you want. Try leaving the castle. He's your guard, he'll have to follow you wherever you go."
"Oh, Creed, you're brilliant!" I said happily.

I was about to leave when I thought of something.

"Creed?" I called.
"Yes, Aspen?"
"Am I making you uncomfortable? When I talk about such matters?" I asked and looked at him worryingly as I fiddled with my fingers.
"No, Aspen. You're my friend. I would like for you to be happy. This is the first time I've ever heard you like someone. You usually just pop up with a girlfriend and are very matter of fact about it. I'm happy for you."
I smiled then headed back to the castle.

When I got inside, I found my cloak and gloves then left back out to hop on Snow and find Nathan.

I made it to the horses' stables and Nathan and Lucas were talking. They seemed happy. For some reason it hurt to look at. 

I watched them go over to Max and Nathan began brushing however Max attempted to head butt Lucas. I found it humorous.

"Good morning." I greeted. A loud neigh and a 'Good morning' came from Max and Lucas.
Nathan looked at me. "Good morning."
"Nath-..." I called and my voice cracked.

Oh god...why?

I cleared my throat and continued like nothing happened.
"Um...Nathan."
"Yes?"
"I would like to go into town. I need you to accompany me..."
He looked confused.
"I need you to tag along." I fixed.
He gave a nod then saddled up Max and hopped on.

We road off.

...

"Can I ask what we're going to town for?" Nathan asked.
"I need some supplies." I lied.
I turned to see him. "Why are you so far behind me?" I asked.
"It's better to see oncoming threats. They may show from behind you and if I'm behind as well, I'll see before they can get to you while also seeing the sides and the front."
"I think I'll be fine. Come up here." I instructed.
Max brought him closer to me and we rode side by side.

We made it to the market and now I'd have to force myself to look interested in things when in reality this is not why I am here. Nathan got down from Max and just led him by his halter.

I felt something leave my hip and a man on a horse rode past Snow. I checked and realized he'd stolen my money.

"Thief!" I shouted.

Nathan watched the thief and Max began jogging, Nathan hopped on the moving horse with ease and Max immediately took off at the speed of light as I watched.

Nathan grabbed a bow from a shop and an arrow then stood while Max still ran. He concentrated on his shot and the arrow went into the thief's spine. The thief fell off of his horse. Max continued and Nathan leaned off of him and to the side then picked up my coin sack and they turned around to ride back to me.
"That is why I stay behind." he claimed.

A round of applause from the members at the marketplace for Nathan.

"Thank you." I said in awe.
They rode back to the shop and Nathan returned the bow and paid for the arrow.

____________________________________

We continued walking through and observing each small table.

Nathan quit riding Max again but this time he stayed a little bit behind me. I didn't like it but I'd rather not get robbed again I suppose.

I ran into a dessert table and each looked like delicacies.

"Good morning, your highness." the owner bowed.

I guess once you stand face to face with someone, the cloak isn't much of a disguise.

"Good morning." I smiled. "I would like to purchase one of your sweets, please."
"Yes, of course! Which would you like?"
"Umm..." I carefully looked at all of them. "The slice of strawberry cake looks delicious."
"Yes, sir. That will be two silver coins."
"That's all? I can't only spend two silver coins at such a pretty shop. I would also like the vanilla cake and the fruit tart." I told them.
"Oh, goodness! Yes, sir! That will be one gold coin and one silver."
I gave the owner two golds and a silver for such gentleness she also priced them far too low for how beautiful they looked.
She wrapped my desserts in a lovely box with a clear window and I went on my way.

"Thank you, sir!" I heard someone say and it was directed at Nathan. I led Snow towards him.

"Hello, your highness." Nathan greeted. "I got you a gift." he held out a stuffed toy.

I took it. It was a very precious thing. It's button eyes and little nose.

"Thank you, Nathan, but what for?" I asked giddily.
"You said friends give gifts. You are my friend. This is your gift."
"Yea...friends..."
I looked back at the toy as we began to ride back home.

"I've gotten you something as well." I stated. I held out the ribbon wrapped box.
"What is it?"
"Open it." I instructed.
He unwrapped the box as we left the market and made it to an empty field.
He grabbed the fruit tart first.
"It all smells delicious."

He bit into it.

"That's really good." he snickered when it caught him by surprise.
"Is it?"
He nodded. "Try it." He handed me the tart.
"I-...umm...but you..." I began and he looked confused.
I bit into it since I assumed he didn't care.

It was very good, he was right. Sweet and buttery. The crust was flaky and they had some kind of strawberry jelly underneath the bits of fruit.

"That's delicious." I smiled and gave it back to him. He ate the rest without a second thought.

We arrived back at the castle.

"I suppose you should get back to work then if you're busy." I frowned.
"Are you not going to try the rest with me?" Nathan asked.
"Oh! Umm...yes. I will." I said happily.