It was bound to happen. He was just foolish to think that your amnesia was his second chance. It was just a temporary fix to a problem that could never be fixed between you and him. He accepted that now. And reinforcing what he said earlier, letting go.

It was too painful and stupid to enjoy probably a few days with you knowing you will revert to your old self that loathes him. This was easier. To treat you like how he would treat others. Be cold. Distant. Disinterested. Aloof. And Hisoka always preferred the easy way out.

Having spent the remaining hours alone. Checked in and settled down, Hisoka had informed you that him and Maleeka were headed out. That odd dull pain around your chest visited you again. You couldn't tell whether it was your illness or it was pain from something else..

You would be lying if you said you didn't expect Hisoka and you to go separate ways while travelling. When you mentioned you wanted to go to all these places, it was in hopes of spending time with him and Maleeka at these places. How wrong you were.

Sighing, you looked distantly at the beautiful lit up Eiffel Tower. The room you shared with Maleeka had a mini belcony you could sit to admire the tower. It was cute and romantic. Well only so if you had company.

As much as you wanted to ponder about why Hisoka became soo distant towards you, you decided to push such negativity aside and freshen up. Even if you were alone, you were going to try and roam the romantic city.

Strolling slowly across the bridge, you smiled at the thousands of locks that were attached to the wired wall. You wondered if everyone that wrote their names on the locks were still together or alive. Although the bridge was quiet, you could feel the emotions of past love lingering in the area.

Looking at the lock someone sold you for $2 on the way up, a sense of bittersweetness fell upon you.

You didn't have anyone's name to write next to yours.

Wrecking your mind, you wondered whether in your past life there was someone you loved. Who was your first kiss? Who was your first crush and boyfriend? Were you in a relationship with someone before or memory loss?

'Nah.. The guy would've contacted me by now or Hisoka would've told me if I was dating someone.' You mentally silenced your thoughts.

"I know.." A small smile formed across your lips as you started to write on the lock.

"Although I don't remember you.. It feels right." You whispered warmly.

'Y/n and Itachi forever.'

"Hope you are resting in peace my best friend.."

Sitting down on the wooden bench that overlooked the river, you contently watched the boats motor away. Despite it being night, the city was still alive. Naturally so, how can a city of love rest for the night when love itself is something that doesn't die.

After a few minutes passing of enjoying the light breeze blow through your curls, you opened your eyes after being mused out of your thoughts by a very warm and kind voice.

"Not everyday I see someone sitting alone in Paris." He commented.

Looking up, you instantly smiled at the friendly looking stranger. "Hey there's nothing wrong with that." You replied politely.