Sixty four // Chocolate Chip.

Start from the beginning

I dispose of the banana skin then move to stand beside Calum, my back resting against the bench.

"How is next week looking for you?" I ask as Calum begins to set up what we're going to be needing for the cookies. I always liked to have some sort of idea of what his week looked like, especially if it would be a busy one, they usually were.

"Not that bad actually, I think I want to work from home for a few days if I can,"

"I don't want to sound dumb but it that like possible for you?" Calum had yet to really do any work days from home based solely on the fact that it just worked so much better for him when he was actually at their headquarters. I know it was always way more beneficial for him to be able to be present so he could be as hands on as he wanted.

"I think so, If I can get most of my meetings and time where one on one's are necessary done early in the week than all I would be left with is all the admin stuff, which can easily be done from here," Calum's answer surprises me because he's never wanted to work from home before. It definitely makes me wonder why.

"Is there a reason why?" I ask and Calum shrugs as he begins getting the mixture together. My face pulls in to an awkward frown as I approach him with my follow question. "Does it have to do with Luke?

I had noticed that he had been a bit off with anything to do with Luke over the the last couple of weeks. At first I didn't think much of it but since it hasn't seemed to of changed at all, I was beginning to think that I was missing something.

"Maybe," Calum says shortly. "I just kinda want some time away from him."

"Okay, but why? Did something happen?" I question and a sigh falls from his lips. He drops his hands from the mixing bowl, turning to look at me.

"I guess we've just been working together a lot and than we spend time outside of work together all the time, it just feels like too much at the moment." A bubble of doubt pops in my stomach at his answer but he doesn't have any reason to lie right?

"What?" Calum questions me and I stare at him. "I guess I'm just surprised by the whole thing. You guys have always spent a lot of time together but now all of a sudden it's too much?"

"Friendships go through phases all the time babe and we're in very different points in our life. I guess I just want to put some more time in to the three of us right now," Calum admits kinda shyly as he pulls me in to him, his arms snaking around my waists.

I smile up at him, the mention of the the three of us hitting me right in the feels. "It still doesn't seem real sometimes you know? That I'm pregnant again, that this is happening," I wrap my arms around his neck tenderly as his eyes meet mine, the warmth of those beautiful brown eyes lighting me up in side.

"I know," Calum beams.

"If you need a little bit of space than I completely get it." I say backtracking. "I just want to make sure everything is okay with you?" I really couldn't ignore that nagging feeling that I had in the back of my mind that Calum wasn't being 100% honest but really all I could do is ask him, and I was sure that if there was anything else than he would come to me when he was ready. Another option was that I could talk to Luke about the situation too but he seemed as normal as ever.

"Everything is fine G," Calum pecks my lips ever so lightly. "Now can we get back to these chocolate chip cookies that you and bubs seem to want so badly?"

"Right. The cookies." Calums pinches my sides cheeikly before dropping them completely. He turns back to the mixing bowl and picks up right where he left off.

"I'll even let you lick the spoon if you're lucky," he teases and I smirk up at him. "Or maybe I could just lick it off your finger?"

"Come on girl, get your mind out of the gutter," Calum shakes his head at me in fake offense. I can't help but giggle before I place my full attention on helping him with the cookie batter.

<~>

"I need your help!" Sam whines desperately on my front door step. I had received a very panicked call from her early in the day, panicking in a way that only Sam can. I did want any best friend would do, talked her down and then told her to come over.

"Come in," I laugh, gesturing her inside with my hand.

A dramatic sigh falls from her lips as she steps inside, a red binder in her hands.

I follow her in to the living room and drop down on to the couch next to her. "So now that you've calmed down and I can understand you again, please explain what the emergency is?"

"As you know I'm legit bang smack in the middle of planning my parents anniversary party and time is going way too fast right?" I nod in response. "Well Lisa has decided that now is the perfect time for her to go on some little romantic holiday, how selfish! She's meant to be helping with all of this," Sam hits at the binder that was currently sitting in her lap.

"You've still got a few weeks right?" I question her. Sam had mentioned all the work both Lisa and her had been putting in to this party. Their parents were about to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary which was an Amazing achievement for them, growing up we had always admired the marriage and relationship they had. I know Sam wanted nothing more to emulate what they had one day.

"Yes, which would of worked out fine if Lisa was going to be here but it's going to be so next level diffcult to get all the final details finished while she's in another country," Sam explains looking flustered. "It's so stressful Genie and you know how perfect I want this to be for them."

"I know you do,"

"So I have to ask if you'll be able to help me finish everything off? I know you are busy with work and life too but I really wouldn't trust anybody else to help me pull this off," Sam looks nervous for my answer, was she delusional? Of course I would help.

"Sam," I reach over and give her hand a comforting squeeze. "I would be honored to help you with this. You and your parents have always been like a second family to me!"

Sam squeals what sounds like pure joy and I can't help but beam at her. Regardless of what we had gone through over the years, this girl would always be one of my best friends.

I felt bad that I hadn't told her about the pregnancy yet but I know that she'll completely understand when I do tell her. It does make me sad to think that she has to watch her friends do what she wants the most in the world. We don't talk about it a lot but I know how hurt she is that her body has complications when it comes to fertility.

There was no doubt in my mind that Sam would be a mother one day though, she was meant to be and things that are meant for you will always find you. Besides she seemed like she was happy for now.

"I love my sister and all but let's be honest, the two of us will make this party way better," Sam says before we both let out a laugh. "Now let's get started shall we?"

"Yea, show me what you have in that binder." My eyes instantly focus on it, there looked like there was a lot sitting in there and if I knew anything about my friend, it's that she was more than thorough.

A/N: Filler chapter because I'm setting things up 😏 Again, I apologize for absolutely sucking with updates! Life is just so busy and my personal life has not been the greatest but I'm doing my best to get back in to the things that I love and writing is one of them! Hopefully you'll be getting more frequent updates from now on and if you are still here after all this time and thank you so much 💞