Swear It (Chap 26)

Start from the beginning

She wasn't looking at anything in particular. Just staring at the ground looking as if she was just drenched in cold water.

I shook my head and placed a hand on her shoulder bending down towards her face, "No, Snow White I wouldn't do that. He's just saying that because he's jealous, that's all." Taking a step closer, I took her in between my arms and soothed her back with one hand as the other cupped her face, curving at a cold cheek. My action made her look up.

Hating that look of misery, I tucked my chin under her head to hide that sad face not able to handle those eyes. my heart ached from not being able to handle that poor emotion
Snows silky strands tickled my Adam's apple. She wasn't hugging me back but just resting her forehead on my collar bone, inhaling deeply.

"He dsai eh dah a lover nad htat, she couldn't tsay, " Her words came out slow muffled. "Ti ntdid ousnd like jealousy. Nomt really It sounded like-like, an honest warning," her lips brushed against my skin tickling .

Snow White was stuck in between my arms. Soon she tried getting out, her head lightly bonked my chin telling me to budge. I refused to move, wanting to keep her in my homemade cocoon. Succeeding to weasel out,  her head peaked out from between my arms. I hadn't let go causing her cheeks to become squished in between my biceps.

I nodded sadly, "He did, she was good for him...but... I don't know if he was good for her. She wasn't used to the lifestyle. You could say she had a wolfish personality, always wanting to go out on runs in the forest, be far away from the village as possible, something a prince isn't allowed to do daily."

I brought my head down low to kiss her left cheek. She ducked her head and looked at me through the corner of her eye.

"What do you mean by wolfish?"

Looking around I then my voice into a whisper, "She was a magnet to trouble, something that Arthur has enough of, all on his own." I thought that last sentence over, "But, I won't be any trouble to you princess." My cheek was against hers.

Color brightened her cheeks as she shivered, "You seem to be rather wolfish at times."

"As to why I want to gobble you up at times. I'm a wolf with good taste after all ," I growled before peppering her warm face with kisses.

Snow White gave in an inward squeal of as she kept ducking her head to avoid me. Plastering her to my chest, I exposed her face to my burst of kisses. After getting her to finally smile I took in her face and I no longer saw a princess.

Instead, just a remarkable girl who would one day come to love me as much as I loved her.

"I don't think you'll ever get rid of me Snow White. There's no point in running from me. I be miserable without you. If I'm ever going to be miserable I would like to be miserable with you. Whether it be us old and complaining about each other snoring or young, fighting over silly little mistakes. You're stuck with me, Princess."

Her laughing smile faded as she listened carefully, "It's going to kill me seeing you always working. You're going to hate it. Maybe even hate me one day."

"Never. Make me work Snow White. I don't care how hard it's going to be. I'll hate it even more if I don't try."

"You'll never get to go out and be who you want to be, Merlin. Hardly see friends or your manic books. It's going to turn out like how Arthur said.  Being the same way how his love left and you'll do the same."

My hands gripped her arms causing her to bite her lip.

"If I leave Snow White, I'll be driven to insanity. Do you know how long I've waited to be with you? I never knew you but I've dreamed of you. Someone who makes me thirst to be a better me. I have this need to impress you, Snow White. This driving thirst for change"

"The change that you want might not be this one. And any more "impressing" Merlin antics would just  intimidate me further."

"Intimidating? Me, intimidating? Snow, you must be joking", I scoffed.

"Im not joking. Any more surprises and ill think you're too good for me"

"Me? No, never. I'm just an ordinary carrot farmer who occasionally saves all of Fairy-tail Land".

Snow gave a wonky smile and a "
'Your-just-hopeless-look'  and layer her head back down to the crest of my chest.

Taking a deep breath she then spoke, "You know. When I'm with you, it feels like I've been missing out on so much. I knew I wanted more for myself.  Someone to love. But you Merlin, I don't want just your love. I want you and your hopelessly terrible little white lies and so much more"

" What else do you want from me, Snow? My garden? My books? The hair on my head? Ill ripe them out for you, every last one if that's what you want from me."

She gave a half hearted laugh. My hands that were warped around her upper body now started to slide down to hug her waist, bringing her in close. On their own accord, my thumbs rubbed her clothed skin.

"Keep your hair, Merlin. I don't want you bald just yet"

"I might get bald when I'm old. Would you still want me then?"

"You and every wrinkle"

"Is that what you want from me?"

"That too but I was going to say that I want you and every thing else. I want you and your problems. I want to make your life so good Merlin even though I know I can't. But what I do know is that I can take any one of your problems and split them in half and be given to me"

I gave a hymn wondering if I liked the sound of that or not. It was such a deep level of intimacy to share ones problems that I wondered when we would come to that state.
Repositioning my his head to the top of her crown I drew her in close

"Then ill try and not have so many"

"But when you do, promise to tell me about them?" Snow White asked hopefully.

I stayed quiet contemplating if I ever would. Normally, I didn't share my problems. The idea of telling Snow White all my problems sounded like it could drive her away.

Finally deciding, I kissed the crown of her head.

"Only if  you never listen to Arthur"

Silently, She curled into me deeper hiding her face in my arms, the only sound heard was the blowing breeze.

Neither one of us swore.