"I did notice much earlier, you looked troubled. Is there something I can help you?"

"Oh, that's alright. I will work it out," she brushed it off. "Thank you for helping me with Arivu."

"The pleasure is mine." He dramatically bowed his head down.

They sat in a comfortable silence as the river cascaded through the rocky base, gurgling rhythmically. Far ahead were the laundresses washing clothes chatting and giggling. The cool breeze and shades of the huge trees soothed the mid-morning heat.

Dhruva's gaze fell on her feet submerged in the water, covering her anklets. Silver bells danced with the rush of the water, quite an enticing view, he fixed his gaze on them. He never had much fascination on little things as such but the anklets were a pretty sight.

He wondered if he was attracted to the anklets for its beauty or for it was worn by the person he begun to adore and respect. Whichever it was, the feeling of admiring felt new and beautiful. The water current grew stronger and the silver bells danced vigorously. Dhruva noticed one of the anklets had slipped out of its grip and holding on to the other. Before he could let her know, the pair of anklets drifted away from her. The prince did what he had to do, he quickly leaned forward to catch as the water carried the anklets rapidly down the stream.

The tinkling of the tiny bells caught her attention. "Dhruva!" She called seeing him almost fall into the river. Nakshathra too was quick on her feet to give him a hand. "What were you doing, Dhruva? Are you alright?" She asked pulling him back up.

He nodded with a laugh and settled back on the rock. "Your anklets," he held them up by the tip of the chains and let them dangle.

"Mine..." Nakshathra gasped and checked her feet. It was obvious, they won't be where they should be since its with Dhruva now. She scowled to herself in a mumble, "How careless?"

"I saw them drifting away from their clasp," he added while examining the ends of her anklets. They looked old and dull in colour with its designs close to vanishing, leaving only plain shapes of leaves connecting each other.

"Thank you. They belong to my Achi. They age, older than me. I should have been careful." Another dear attachment of her grandmother's that she never gave them to be fixed nor be cleaned afraid to be parted from it. Her gaze fell on the anklets in his hand.

"You are lucky, I had my eyes on them otherwise they would have been gone for good. Anyways, these are broken, let me get it fixed for you," he offered flashing his most charming smile.

His request seized her from refusing his help, "Well, I owe you two now."

Soon all six of them headed back to the city centre. Nakshathra although had not revealed what bothered her, she somehow let go of the disturbing thought. Her new friends were amazing, Dhandapani and Arasu were often after each other teasing and mocking with inside jokes while Viswa had to play the moderator role hushing them. Most all, they listen to Dhruva, the most composed of them all. He was so much more than she could decipher.

Gallops of horses close by stirred the interest of the group to catch a glimpse of the happenings. A number of guards led by a prince moved around patrolling the city. Dhruva found it to be the right opportunity to ask Nakshathra for her help. "It's an urgent matter and that is why we have actually come here for. But I'm afraid that I can't tell you now. I hope you can help us," he implored, knowing he had taken too much time.

"You think I can help you meet the prince because I am a known physician here?" She questioned with a surprise.

"You are well respected and seems to be from a noble family but if you can't, I'll find a way." He felt dejected, had he made her think he befriended her with an intention. That could have been his initial reason but it wasn't anymore, he thought.