Chapter 4 - "Another Strange People"

"Cale, who are they?" Deruth asks Cale his son while giving him a quizzical look. His son keeps bringing strange people, later revealed as strong people. He's inquisitive of what these people can do for his son.

"They're my guests today, Father." Cale, near the expressionless face, said while Ron who just came back to report to the lord is eyeing the strange people that his puppy young master brings in today. He knew that these people are not average individuals based on his experience. His puppy young master certainly has a habit of bringing such stray people.

"Okay, we have a lot of empty guest rooms today. Ron, guide them there while you, Cale, stay here. I have something to tell you." Cale nodded but his mind is thinking something.  What would father say to me? Is it something urgent? Enemies? Corrupt nobles? Cale doesn't know but he can feel a load of work coming his way.

Kim Dokja's Perspective

"The Lord said, I'll be guiding you there." Ron benignly smiles towards them. Kim Dokja could only gulp. What a scary old man. He's smiling but his eyes aren't! Kim Dokja has received a notification from Midday Tryst.

Han Sooyoung (Writer): this old man is scarier than Yoo Joonghyuk! I can feel goosebumps!

Kim Dokja (Reader): right, Yoo Joonghyuk is scary but this old man is certainly on another level of scariness.

Yoo Joonghyuk (Protagonist): wanna die, you two?

Kim Dokja glanced at Yoo Joonghyuk and caught that he's glaring at him! If only stares could kill, he already killed me!

Kim Dokja let out a toothy grin at him and his glares only become more ferocious. Kim Dokja flinched and only ignored the conspicuous bloodlust towards him.

"These are the room that all of you are going to stay in." The old man pointed his index finger at the hallway with so many doors that Kim Dokja lost count of it. So rich.

"If you are having a problem, you can reach out to me or the other maids and butlers." He said while smiling benignly. Kim Dokja stiffly nodded and bowed 90° degrees expressing his gratitude.

"Thank you for guiding us here." The old man only chuckled and smiled benignly. I felt chills throughout my body, I swear! He isn't an ordinary old man!

"No need to thank me. I'm glad that I helped young master's guests." I swear to god, I think his eyes flickered in interest! This old man is scaring the hell out of me! Better stay away from this scary old man! For my safety along with my companions! Kim Dokja trembled from his thoughts and also smiled at him.

"We will inform you if we're having a problem here!" Kim Dokja beams in happiness and the old man also nodded.

"Then, if you excuse me." The old man bowed and left the area, leaving Kim Co. alone. Kim Dokja's Company excluding Yoo Joonghyuk all sighed in relief. Seriously, that old man is making their lifespan short by only standing there and smiling benignly at them.

"That old man is creeping me out!" Lee Jihye exclaimed. Han Sooyoung and Jung Heewon simultaneously nodded. While Lee Gilyoung and Shin Yoosung are playing in their own world.

"Guys, maybe you're only overreacting, that old man is not that bad. Don't judge a book by its cover, you know?" Yoo Sangha chimed in. Han Sooyoung stepped forward and shook her head at Yoo Sangah's comment.

"No, no! Believe in my writer's instinct. I'd not be surprised if he's secretly an assassin or something." Han Sooyoung asserts confidently. Yoo Sangah only sighed.

"Ooh! So you also believe he's a secret assassin!" Lee Jihye remarks. Jung Heewon agreed. Kim Dokja stopped them from talking about this old man too much.