Saimami hanahaki oneshot

HEYYYY 

guess who's finally updating ell oh ell, also I know I've already done a saimami hanahaki au but who says there can't be two.

Also non-despair au!! All of the characters are just in a college type thing together.

angst [lipbite]

Shuichi hated love. Love, why did it have to be so painful? The thorns that scratched all around inside of him tortured him all day and night relentlessly, showing no mercy as they shoved petals out of his mouth. Blood was no stranger to him as it splatted all over his bathroom daily. 

Shuichi thought that if he could make himself hate Rantaro that that would make all this end, but no matter how hard he tried he couldn't stop the heart ache as he pushed him away. Accepting that Rantaro wouldn't love him back was the thing that hurt the most though, the endless coughing and choking being proof of that. 

He had to cover this up though, who would even want to be troubled with Shuichi's problems? 

Dragging himself out of his room, Shuichi made his way to meet with the others. Unfortunately, one of the 'others' was Rantaro Amami. 

Shuichi saw Kaito, Maki, Kaede and Rantaro all hanging by the gates, so he headed over to them.

"Heyyyy sidekick!!!!!!" Kaito yelled, throwing his arm over his shoulder as he approached. 

"Ahah.. hey Kaito." Shuichi greeted him with a small wave. 

He really just blended in behind the four that continued to chat, not really having enough energy to talk. The four had experienced these days before and didn't try to push Shuichi too much, but on thing that they probably didn't know is that the reason he was so exhausted was because he spent all his energy coughing up his brains earlier.  

They all just stood idly chatting, waiting for Kokichi to make his dramatic entrance sooner-or-later. Which he did, not being as kind as the others were with the tired Shuichi, trying to start up a conversation immediately. 

After Kokichi came, the five young adults walked through their college's halls. With their lessons starting at 10pm, they had about have an hour to relax. 

Shuichi dreaded the feeling that came to him, the feeling he was going to cough. He tried his best to hold it in but that would be practically impossible, so he coughed. 

A slight blood splatter showed up on Shuichi's hand, a small petal falling onto it not too long after. He wanted to shoot a panicked look to see if anyone saw, but he was cut short by another cough.

And another.

..And another.

More blood dripped from Shuichi mouth as he started to feel light in his feet.

"Shuichi!? What's happening?!" Kaede yelled out, confused. Kaito rushed over to him, supporting Shuichi as he coughed up more blood. 

The four around him became more and more worried with the more times Shuichi coughed, blood shooting out of his mouth with every one.

But their cries of confusion started to blur as so did Shuichi's vision, he coughed again.

And again...

And once more.

The seed of a flower fell out of his mouth as Shuichi fell limp, his face going blank as he dropped to the floor.

The group stood silent for a second, before it really set in. Kokichi and Maki just stared at him, not wanting to believe their eyes. Kaede cried as she threw her hands to her face, shocked. Kaito shook as he stared at the blood on his own hands and Shuichi. 

"..get a d-doctor.. now!" Rantaro screamed out, getting to his knees to grab Shuichi.

"No no no!! Don't die! Please! I love you!" Rantaro yelled out in anguish as he held onto the boys limp body.

But this was no Disney movie, so Rantaro just had to say it too late. Just as all life disappeared from Shuichi's body. 

He let out an agonising scream out as he realised, realised he should have been quicker. 

But the body Rantaro held was dead, and he had to accept that. 

"No... not now.. why right now..."