Forgive and Forget

Ransom finally decided that this had gone on too long and after they put Noah down for his nap, Hermione tried to lock herself into the guest room, before she could Ransom pushed the door open.

"Ransom stop. Stop it. You're going to wake him up, just leave me alone." She tries to push Ransom out the door but he grabs her by the wrists. Tight enough to hold her but loose enough not to hurt her.

"Stop it. Ransom let me go!" Ransom shut the door with him foot lightly before he pushed her back and forced her to sit on the end of bed. He let go of her and knelt in front of her. She refused to look at him. "Hermione look at me." She didn't. "Hermione."

She still didn't look at him. He held her jaw in his hand and forcing her to look at him. "Hermione you need to stop. This is not healthy, at all. I know you're mad because I tried to get you to talk to your mother, but this has gone on too long. I'm sorry I pushed it but the silent treatment is not the answer. This isn't how we do this."

Hermione had started crying as Ransom spoke to her. His voice was soft but stern. "I'm sorry." Hermione cries and leans into Ransom's chest. He wraps her in his arms and holds her tight. She sobs into him.

"Shh. It's okay. Shhh." After a while Hermione calms down and looks up at Hermione with puffy red eyes. "I'm sorry I've been ignoring you. You're right, this isn't how we do this. And you didn't push it on me, you were just trying to help. I was just upset with her and stubborn and I took it out on you. It wasn't fair. I'm so sorry Ransom."

"It's okay. I know you didn't mean to. Come here baby. I missed you." Ransom pulls Hermione into a hug again and then they go to their room together. Hermione changes into one of Ransom's sweaters and lays on the bed with him. Trying to find a movie to watch.

After a while they couldn't find anything, so Hermione turned off the T.V. "I think we should do something else instead. Since we can't find anything to watch." She faces Ransom and runs her fingers down his chest, not making eye contact.

"And what would you like to do babygirl?" Ransom lifts her chin for her to look at him. She smiles up at him and brings her lips to him. He sits up pulling her on top of him so she's straddling him. 

Their kiss deepens quickly. Hermione grinds herself down on Ransom, feeling him harden against her heat. She moans through the kiss. Ransom pulls her shirt off. He trails kisses down her neck to her chest, earning more loud moans from her. Hermione lifts herself slightly to pull Ransom's sweatpants down when Noah starts crying.

"Nooo!" Hermione whines and rolls off of Ransom. "Ughhh. I'll get him. Collect yourself." She giggles gesturing at his obvious erection. She climbs out fo bed to go get Noah. Entering the room Noah is whining and when he sees Hermione he smiles.

She picks him up and smiles at him. He laughs and smiles, waving his arms around excitedly. "Ma-ma." He babbles. Hermione smiles and hugs him awing at him. "Aww baby. Hi. What is it huh? Why'd you wake up? Did you just miss mommy and daddy?"

She adjusts him so he's on her hip while she talks to him. Ransom walks in and Noah's attention is turned to him. He has the same reaction as he did when he saw Hermione. Ransom rubs his thumb over Noah's cheek and smiles. "Hey baby boy."

"Da-da." Noah coos reaching out to Ransom. He takes him in his arms. "Babe did you hear that?" He looks at Hermione beaming. "I did. You know, he said mama first." Ransom's jaw drops playfully and he looks at Noah. "What!? It was supposed to be dada first baby boy."

Noah squeals and Hermione and Ransom smile so hard it hurts. They didn't mind being interrupted by Noah at this point. Their child was their blessing. Their world. He was the light of their lives.

*

Three months later, Ransom had Linda watch Noah for them so he could take Hermione out again. This time, he took her to the beach at night. They walked along the beach holding hands and talking, splashing in the water and wrestling. Ransom walked Hermione to the boardwalk.

They sat on the edge laying their heads together and looking out along the water for hours. Hermione had gotten Noah on bottle completely and Linda came over once a week, if not more, to get warmed up to Noah so she could watch him for tonight. All night.

Linda had taken Noah back to her house, because after their date, Ransom and Hermione had planned on using their Red Room. But Linda didn't know that. Nor did she need to. All that mattered was she was watching Noah tonight and Ransom and Hermione had one night to themselves. Ransom would use it wisely.

Ransom got up from where they sat on the edge of the boardwalk. He helped Hermione up and he walked away from the edge with her. He smiled down at her and brushed her hair off her shoulder. "You're so beautiful." She smiled up at him shyly.

He chuckled at her nervousness and brushed his thumb over her bottom lip. "You are. You are so beautiful, and strong, and an amazing mother. You're kind, gentle, you're incredibly sexy." Hermione chuckles and shakes her head at him.

"You changed my life. You made me who I am now. And I don't know what I would ever do without you. And I don't ever want to find out. You're everything to me, so is Noah. And I want to spend the rest of my life with you watching our child grow," Hermione starts to cry and Ransom tears up as he continues.

"I want to grow old with you. I want to die in your arms when we're a hundred and ten years old. We've already built a life together, and regardless of whether or not we can have nay more kids, our life together can grow. And Hermione Grace Hale, I want to marry you."

He gets down on one knee and pulls a ring box out of his pocket. He opens the box, revealing a beautiful, modest, princess cut diamond ring. "Will you marry me?" Tears fall down Hermione's cheeks and she nods, Ransom sides the ring into her finger and stands up. "Yes." She cries. "Yes!"