We're Having a Baby

"What!?" Hermione jumps up and looks at the tests on the nightstand, all four of them are positive. She turns back around with tears in her eyes and smiles. "We're having a baby?"

"We're having a baby." He repeats. Taking away the question mark. "You're gonna be a mom, and i'm gonna be a dad. And we're gonna buy a house, and paint a nursery and decorate it."

She cries and hugs him, he wraps his arms around her and runs his hands through her hair. "I hate to ruin the mood, but I think we need to talk about what Joanie said. We've established the pregnancy thing but...what she said about me? We need to talk about that."

Hermione lays back down and he lays next to her. "There's nothing to talk about. It's bull shit. You're nothing like her. And you saw through her shit because you know her and once upon of time you had similar values, money, but I know you wouldn't do that to me."

"How do you know?" She isn't surprised by his question. She knows he's only asking because he wants to know why she's so sure about him not trying to extort her like he had planned to before.

"I just know. And everything you just said to me when I was freaking out about what we would do if I was pregnant only confirmed it for me. I know you love me and you told me yourself you want this baby, before I told you I wanted a baby, before I said I wanted to keep it."

Ransoms hands instinctively move to Hermione's belly. His hands rest on her stomach and rub it lightly. He smiles, looking down at her stomach, where their baby is growing. "I love how much you believe in me Hermione. I hope our baby takes after you, our child is going to be perfect if it takes after you."

"Please do not call our baby it." Hermione laughs and her hands join Ransoms on her belly. "Our little bambino." She chuckles. "You're Italian?" Hermione was Italian. Her entire mothers side was pure Italian and her fathers side French.

"I am. And French. I know everything about you Ransom, but I really haven't told you about me." Ransom takes one hand off Hermione's stomach and tucks a loose hair behind her ear. "Tell me everything."

Hermione and Ransom lay in bed for hours and Hermione sums up her life story to Ransom. She tells him everything except about how her dad was killed. She had mentioned it before but never went into detail. She figured he would forget. But he never did.

"What about your dad? Do you wanna talk about it?" Hermione avoids eye contact and lays her head on Ransoms chest, curling up close to him. "My uncle, his brother, was his business partner. He would get all of the company shares if my father died."

Ransom already knew where this was going. "So my uncle killed him. He spiked his whiskey. My dad drank a glass every night before he put me to bed. And he didn't put me to bed that night."

Hermione's voice breaks and Ransom holds her tighter. "I went to go look for him, and I thought he was sleeping. But he never woke up. And my uncle never went to jail, even though he confessed. It's messed up. I was eight. And he now owns my dads business."

"I'm so sorry Hermione. That's awful." What Hermione's uncle did to her dad was almost like what Ransom had tried to do to his grandfather. He felt terrible that she had to go through that and he questioned how she could be with him after everything.

He questioned why she was with him all the time. But he was grateful she was. He didn't know where he would be without her. "You shouldn't have had to go through that. That's really fucked up."

"Hey! Language! No cussing around our little Bambino." Ransom laughed at Hermione and then realized she was serious. "Okay, sorry. But you know you cussed a lot this morning."

"I know stop you're gonna make me cry, I still feel bad. Even though Joanie was really mean. But we do know I'm pregnant because of her. I don't know if she was just fishing or if she actually knew somehow that I was pregnant."

"I think it was a little of both. I didn't want to say anything but you are starting to show a little. We should probably make a doctors appointment and see how far along you are. Check on the baby."

"I think I know how far along I am. I've been late for a while but I just thought it was from stress." She scoots away from Ransom and lays far enough that they can make eye contact. "How far along do you think you are?"

"I-I think since the gala...i've been thinking about it since Joanie said I was pregnant. I never took a test because I genuinely thought it was stress, but I haven't drank since then so I know the baby is okay."

"Why were you so sure it was stress?"

"Because I was supposed to have it around the time I read your journal, you shut me out and It was, well, stressful. We barely spoke for two months. It killed me, I just wanted to know what you were thinking. It's just been a lot. The past three months have been a lot."

"So you're what, two and a half months?" She nods and looks back down at her tiny bump. "Yea. Ransom we've been moving so fast, we try to slow down but everything just keeps going so fast."

"It really does seem that way doesn't it? We finally get in a place where we're together and everything is good and now we're having a baby. But it's okay. Because we both want this and I love you. And we're gonna be great parents. And time will fly and the baby will be here before we know it. You know I figured you would be the one calming me down, not the other way around."

"You're doing a very good job at it too. I am so scared but i'm ready for this. I really just wish we had more time, you know?" Ransom kisses her forehead and presses his forehead against hers.

"We probably should have used a condom than huh?" He chuckles. "I wouldn't change it for the world though." He adds. Making sure she knows just how much he wants this baby with her.

"I'll make an appointment with my OB/GYN  later but for now I'm gonna take a nap because this bambino is draining my energy. Everything I thought was just stress before, really makes since now, it's our baby."

"Take your nap, I'll make the appointment and make us something for dinner, by the time you wake up we can eat and take a shower, or a bath I heard that pregnant women like baths, and we can watch a movie too."

"Okay. But don't get up before I fall asleep, bambino and I wanna cuddle you." Ransom squeezes Hermione and kisses her cheek. "Okay, but hurry because I'm hungry."

"Shh I'm sleeping." They laugh and Hermione takes a few deep breaths before quickly falling asleep.