The Other Shoe

She came out of the closet five minutes later wearing simple white lace lingerie. Ransom is already in bed. He's sitting up looking at his phone when Hermione walks out and his attention is immediately turned to her. He smiles looking from her legs, up the rest of her body. 

His eyes lingered along the white lace on her body, see through, teasing him. She walks towards him slowly, her cheeks a light pink. The way he looked at her made her feel a way she hadn't felt since before Noah was born. 

He gets up and meets her at the edge of the bed. He takes her face in his hands and runs his thumb over her bottom lip. He looks into her eyes, Hermione was looking at his lips. Her lips parted slightly against his finger and she looked up at him. Their breathing getting heavier.

She smiled at him and his heart stopped for a moment. He leaned into her slowly and pressed a soft kiss against her lips. Hermione pulled away slightly, her eyes opened and she looked up at him and smiled. He pulled them back on the bed, crawling on top of Hermione.

He kissed her again. Slowly. Passionately. He swipes his tongue along her bottom lip and she parts her lips for him, granting him access. They deepen their kiss, their tongues intertwining. Searching each others mouths. Consuming one another.

Ransom kisses her neck, trailing his lips along the softest parts of her skin, trailing down to her chest. He took off the lace that had covered her chest, sliding it off carefully. He kissed around her chest and down her stomach. Her fingers tangled in his hair.

He kissed over her lace panties and slid them off. He ran his fingers over her, a small moan escaped her lips. She couldn't help it, she hadn't felt this way in months. He smirked up at her as he slowly ran him lips over her eat. She gasped at the feeling.

He ran his tongue over her, inside of her, slowly. Her eyes rolled back in her head and her back arched. Ransom stopped and kissed back up to Hermione's lips. He took his boxers off as he kissed her. His hands explored her body. He squeezed her thighs and pulled them apart.

He moved his hips between her legs and brushed his member against her heat. She whimpered through their kiss. "Ransom," she whined, "I need you. Please." He smiled down at her and brushed himself against her heat again, then he slid himself into her.

Both of the. groaned at the feeling. Both of them needed a release and were eager to get it. Ransom thrusted into her slowly, dragging each one out consistently. They pressed their foreheads together, their lips just a breath away. Ransom's hand had a grip on Hermione's hip.

The other one held Hermione's hand above their heads. Their fingers tangled together. They were both coming painfully close. Hermione was the first to let go, Ransom pulled her through her orgasm slowly before meeting his own. He kept going until it was almost painful.

He pulled out and they laid together, his head on her chest. She wrapped her arms around him and ran her fingers down his spine and through his hair. She kisses the top of his head gently.

"You tired?" She whispers as he takes a deep breath and shifts so his head is buried in her neck. "Mhm." He mumbles. "I love you." He manages to whisper through his tiredness. She chuckles and kisses his cheek, turning off the lamp on the nightstand and getting settled in. "I love you." She whispers to him. But he's already sleeping.

*

A few hours after they had fallen asleep, Noah wakes them up crying. Hermione gets up first, gently sliding out from under Ransom. She slips on Ransom's boxers, not bothering with a shirt because she knows she has to feed Noah. She goes into Noah's room and takes him out of the crib.

She rocks him in the rocking chair and feeds him but he doesn't stop crying even after she fed him. She changes his diaper, which didn't help the crying either. Ransom walking in wearing sweatpants and rubs his eyes walking over to where Hermione is standing in front of Noah's crib, cradling him, rocking back and forth, trying to calm him.

He smiles as he sees what she's wearing. "I was looking for those." He chuckles as he walks over and kisses hers and Noah's cheeks. "Sorry, I thought I could just feed him and he'd be down, but he's not even falling asleep to me singing to him now."

"Do you wanna take him in the car? Maybe if we drive around and play music he'll fall asleep." Hermione nods and hands Noah to Ransom, she goes to their room and grabs two t-shirts. One for her and one for him. She grabbed their keys while Ransom put Noah in his carseat.

They took him to their car, Ransom sat in the backseat with Noah while Hermione drove around their neighborhood. She played music from a playlist she made, they were all songs she sung to Noah to get him to fall asleep. Ransom talked to him, tried to get him to take a bottle, gave him his pacifier, nothing worked.

He ran his fingers over his forehead trying to sooth him and his head felt warm. "Babe, I think he has a fever." Hermione pulls over and parks the car,  she gets out and climbs into the backseat holding her hand to Noah's forehead. "Oh, baby, he's burning up." Hermione kisses Noah's head and looks at Ransom. Her eyes had worry written in them.

"Do we take him to the hospital? I-I don't know, maybe he's teething already?" Hermione nods, she bites her lip and thinks for a moment. "Let's take him to the hospital, I don't want to take any chances." She looks at Noah, her fingers trace across his small features, he's not crying like he was before, there are only a few hiccuped cries every once in a while. 

"Okay, I can drive, you sit back here with him." He gives her a short, soft peck on the lips before kissing Noah's cheek and getting into the drivers seat. He drives them to the ER and on the way, Noah finally falls asleep. But he still had a fever...after their evening out, them making love for the first time since Noah was born, their blissful night, of course, the other shoe had to drop.