The Test

Hermione and Ransom drove in silence to the convenience store and got multiple tests. They drove back to Ransom's house, still not saying anything and go to his room. They sit on his bed and Hermione looks down at the pregnancy tests in her hand.

"Do you want me to go in there with you?" Neither of them really know what to say. They had talked about kids once, but it was after sex and they were in a state of Euphoria.

Neither knew if the other was serious about wanting kids together. They were simply talking about recreating a movie together, babies just happened to be a part of the movie. "No, I-I can do it myself, b-but we can look at it together. I'll come back out and we'll see the results together if you want."

"Yea, okay. You're doing them all at once?" She nods and stands up, ready to head to the bathroom. "One might give off a false positive or negative, taking a few will give us a clearer read. I'll be right back."

Luckily Hermione had to go to the bathroom so it was easy for her to take the four tests. Her mind is racing as she takes them. She wants kids, and she wants them with Ransom, but does Ransom want them with her? It was all moving too fast. It was too overwhelming.

While Hermione was in the bathroom, Ransom had the same exact thoughts. He was ready for whatever was going to happen, he wanted it with Hermione, but he knew it was too fast for her.

She walks back out with the tests in hands and sets them on the nightstand. She sets a timer for five minutes to be safe and lays on the bed. Ransom lays next to her. Forcing her to finally look at him.

"Are we gonna talk about this?" He brushes her hair out of her face behind her ear. He rubs her cheek with is thumb, soothing her. "What if I am pregnant?" Her voice soft, giving no indication of her wishes.

"I will do whatever you want to do Hermione. I told you I love you, and I meant it, I mean it. If you're pregnant and you want to have a baby with me, I would love to have a baby with you. We'll find a place together, and we'll raise our child together, we'll be a family."

Her eyes fill with tears and one slips out, Ransom wipes it and continues to sooth her by massaging her cheek. "And if you don't want this, if you're not ready, I will sit by you and hold your hand the entire time. No matter what, you're not alone Hermione, I'm here."

Tears spill from Hermione's eyes and her lip quivers. "I love you" She cries and snuggles closer, wrapping her arms around him. "I love you sweetheart." She takes a deep breath, burying her head in his chest.

"What do you want to do if you're pregnant?" He runs his hands up and down her back, trying to keep her calm like he did before. She lifts her head up to meet his eyes once again.

"If I'm pregnant I want to keep it. I want to have a baby. With you." She smiles and her eyes light up. "We can buy a house, and decorate a nursery, and we'll be a family." She bites her bottom lip waiting for a response, all he does is smile, the light in his eyes matches hers.

"I'm ready to have a baby. It's not like we're kids. And I really want a baby. I always have, and I love you, so much, you're gonna be a great dad, and I want to be a mom so bad. Our babies would have the prettiest eyes, and pretty dirty blonde hair." She traces his beard with her fingers and runs her thumb over his bottom lip.

"So now we're talking about babies, plural? How many babies are we going to have Ms. Hale?" She giggles and bites her lip nervously. "Six." Ransom's eyes go wide and he shakes his head. "Okay."

"Okay!?" Hermione laughs and sits up. He sits up with her and nods. "Yea, okay." Hermione looks at him, beaming and shakes her head. "I was just kidding. I only want three or four kids, depending on my sanity. You would have six kids with me?"

"Of course I would. We'd have to hire a nanny or something, because, damn. Six fucking kids. That's a lot. But they would be well behaved. They have the best parents. And yea I don't know if I could do six. But if you really wanted to I would. Im glad you only want three or four though."

"How about we just start with one?" She places her hand on his thigh and kisses his cheek. "That would be great." He nuzzles into her hair and kisses her neck. They get comfortable laying back down.

"Are you scared?" Hermione asks, looking back up at him. "I would be crazy not to be. But we'll be okay. Our baby will be okay." She kisses him and they're interrupted by the timer going off.

She turns it off and goes back to kissing Ransom. They get lost in their kiss and when they finally take a breath Hermione shifts to lay on Ransoms chest. Wrapping her legs around his waste.

"I don't wanna look." She buries her head in the crook of his neck. "Can you imagine going through all of this, Joanie, taking the tests, getting so excited, talking about our future kids and maybe this baby, and me not being pregnant."

"That would fucking suck." Ransom at a loss for a better word, uses the word 'suck' like a twelve year old kid. "It would fucking suck." Hermione agrees. "You know we could always try to have a baby if you're not pregnant."

"It would still suck. Now that we've talked about it, I want a baby now, I don't want to try for months and not get pregnant. Joanie should have kept her big mouth shut. Now I want a baby."

Ransom sits up and Hermione falls back onto the bed next to him as he reaches over to the nightstand. He looks over at the tests and lays back next to Hermione. "Well, it's a good thing we're having one."