Once Upon A Dream

The next day they took Noah home. When they got there he had been asleep. Hermione settled him in his crib and set up the baby monitor. They gave their child a little kiss before taking one of the monitors with them into the kitchen.

"Ransom he is perfect. And he looks just like you." Hermione coos as she wraps her arms around Ransoms neck and he slips his around her waist. His beautiful sky blue eyes meet her emerald green crystals. Both of them had a light to their eyes they had never had in them before. Their child was the reason for this bright beautiful light now shining in their eyes.

"He has your smile though. And he is perfect. I don't know how I got so lucky. After everything I did, I was given the two most precious things in the world." Hermione bit her lip holding back a smile and softness settled over her face. "You deserve it. You know you changed. I guess we were your reward. I got pretty damn lucky too. I have a beautiful son and an incredibly handsome boyfriend." Ransom gives her a soft kiss and smiles at her.

"Let me make you something to eat, okay?" Hermione nods and he hesitantly removes his arms from her. She sits on the couch and turns on Netflix, watching vampire diaries for the hundredth time. A half an hour later Ransom brings Hermione a ham sandwich and a bowl of Ramen noodles. "Thank you. Aren't you gonna eat babe?"

He goes back into the kitchen, grabbing his plate, then sits next to Hermione. "Yep." He says with a mouthful. Hermione chuckles and wipes a piece of food from the corner of his mouth. "You are such a child." She giggles. He licks his lips and gives her a slobbery kiss.

They're interrupted by Noah crying. "I got him. Finish eating." Ransom quickly gets up and goes to Noah's room. He walks in and smiles as he sees his baby boy. He picks him up smiling. "Hey." He coos to his newborn in a soft voice. "What is it Noah?"

He cradles Noah and bounced lightly from side to side. "Are you hungry? Do we need to interrupt mommy's lunch so she can feed you?" He bends his head down slightly to smell the babies diaper.

"Oh! Okay. Well we found the issue." Ransom lays Noah down on the changing table and grabs a diaper and wipes. He changes the baby, his first time ever changing a diaper. He picks him back up after putting his clothes back on and he kisses his cheek. But Noah keeps crying.

Ransom tries to sooth him, sitting in the rocking chair and rocking with him, whispering to him. "Shhh baby boy. You're okay, daddy's got you." After another minute of Noah fussing, Hermione comes in.

"Come here, he may be hungry too. Let me try to feed him." Ransom stands and Hermione takes the baby from him. She sits down in the rocking chair Ransom had just stood from and started feeding him.

"Ahhh, yep. He was hungry. While daddy was changing your diaper mommy ate too. Babe? Can you grab me a burp rag?" Ransom nods and grabs one from one of Noah's dresser drawers, handing it too Hermione. Noah starts crying again. He doesn't want to eat.

Hermione fixes her shirt and throws the burp rag over her shoulder. She holds Noah and tries to burp him, but he won't stop crying. After burping him she gets his pacifier and gives it to him. He lets out muffled cries through it. "oh, what is it baby?"

Hermione sat back in the rocker, trying to settle him still. Ransom kneels in front of her, running his hand over Noah's cheek. Hermione remembers what her mother had told her, when she was younger, She would sing to her when she couldn't get Hermione to stop crying.

"How about mommy tries to sing you back to sleep baby? Does that sound good?" Noah lets out a few hiccuped cries, settling down already. "I'll take that as a yes." Ransom smiles up at her as she rocks their son and sings to him.

"I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream. I know you, that look in your eyes is so familiar a gleam. And I know it's true that visions are seldom what they seem. But if I know you, I know what you'll do. You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream. Ah ah Ah ah Ah ah Ah Ah. But if I know you know what you'll do, you'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream. But if I know you know what you'll do, you'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream. I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream. I know you, that gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam. And I know it's true that visions are seldom what they seem. But if I know you, I know what you'll do. You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream."

As Hermione sings to Noah, he falls back asleep. Ransom was still kneeling in front of them. He couldn't help but smile as he watched them. Hermione was looking down at Noah smiling, still singing to him. Their baby asleep in her arms. His pacifier had fallen out of his mouth and his mouth was open slightly. His lips in a lazy pout. His eyelashes just like his fathers.

Ransom was so in love with Hermione and Noah. He genuinely thought he was the luckiest man alive. Looking at Hermione holding their sleeping baby, looking at him like he was their universe-which he was-he knew that this was where he wanted to be, where he was supposed to be. He sat up and kissed Hermione softly.

"Do you wanna go to the coffee shop after he wakes up? I could use some, and I know you're craving there donuts and hot chocolate." Hermione smiles and nods, looking down at Noah then back at Ransom. "Yea, that sounds great. Instead of their donuts, can we go next door after getting our coffee and hot chocolate and get Panera?"

"Anything you want my love."