Noah

Two weeks later Hermione was able to get an appointment with her OB. She had been staying with Ransom since the first incident with Jace when he destroyed the store. They haven't gone back to her store since then. They had started looking at houses to buy and were going to an open house after the appointment.

They were at the doctors office and after a half an hour of waiting Hermione and Ransom were able to go back into a room with her doctor and get and ultrasound.

"It's been a while since you've seen me Hermione, how have you been?" Hermione's OB/GYN was someone she saw on a regular basis before a year and a half ago. She had stopped going because she simply had no time with her writing and running her business.

"Really good, thanks Jackie. I'm just here to make sure my little bambino is doing okay, and to confirm how far along I am. I think I'm about three months along, If i'm right I was two and a half when I found out. I just thought all the symptoms were stress."

"Well, now that you know you are pregnant, you have to reduce that stress, it's not good for the baby. Now, let's check this little one out, shall we?" Hermione nods, Ransom sits next to her as she's laying on the table and he holds her hand.

Jackie put jelly on Hermione's stomach and she flinched because of how chilly it felt. Jackie put the wand on and moved it around, Hermione and Ransom's eyes were fixated on the ultrasound screen.

After a moment there was a heartbeat. Hermione's eyes filled with tears and she almost got whiplash with how fast she turned to look at Ransom. "Thats our baby." She says. Ransom smiles and tries to hide the fact that he too, was getting emotional.

"Our little bambino." He says and smiles, looking back at the ultrasound screen. "Well you were right, you are three months pregnant, it looks like you've just passed your first trimester. Congrats mom. Now, do you want to find out the gender?"

"No. I want to wait at least until our next appointment. I know without a doubt this house we found is the one, so I wanna get settled in and then we can find out and start doing the nursery."

"It sounds like you two have it all planned out." Jackie cleans Hermione's stomach and prints ultrasound pictures. "Not me. She is the one who is so put together. Hermione was made to be mom. You should hear the way she talks to the baby."

"She's been talking about having babies since I met her, I can imagine. Since I haven't seen you in a while Hermione, how long have you been married and why wasn't I invited to the wedding?"

"Because there wasn't one." Hermione giggles. "Would you believe me if I told you we've only been together for three weeks?"

"No, I would not. Especially since you're three months along." Hermione goes on to tell her about how they got together but left out the manipulation and how Ransom was a convicted felon. Ransom barely pays attention, his eyes and hands rarely left Hermione's tiny baby bump.

"Well it was great to see you Hermione and I will see you in a few weeks and we'll find out the gender. You two are really great together, this baby is very lucky."

They say goodbye, get the baby pictures and leave. Going straight to the open house. It was a gorgeous grey, three story, multi family five bed, four bath home with an in-ground pool, a loft on the entire third floor, a gym in the basement and an office room where Hermione could write.

She fell in love with the home as soon as they walked through the door. It was five hundred thousand dollars to buy and that's exactly what they did. They bought the house after the tour. Ransom loved it just as much as Hermione did, it was the perfect place for them to start a family together. To grow together.

They get back to Ransom's place and they eat Ramon noodles and watermelon, Hermione's pregnancy craving of the day, together at the table. "Do you know what you're going to do with the store? I know you don't want to go back there."

"I'm selling it. I found a buyer. I've sold all the books, I had Anastasia go in with one of her friends, everything's gone except my stuff from the loft. I was thinking of going this week. Just hauling everything out and the selling it to the buyer."

"How come you didn't tell me? You know we're gonna have to get movers to help and you can't lift anything heavy. You should go through all of your shoes too, you have a lot of those. And I'm going to have to look for another job."

"I'm so sorry babe I forgot about that. But you don't have to work. We both get out first paycheck from the book next week and it's supposed to be three times as much as what we bought the house for. You know we're set right? You can work if you want to, but you don't have to."

"I know I don't have to, but I don't want to rely on you for everything, and I want to know that I'm helping support our kid too. I don't want you paying for everything. I want to help as much as I can."

"Okay, but you know I will. I know you want to help, and you can get a job. I just don't want you to think that it I care if I'm the one supporting our family financially. And you're making just as much money as me now with our book."

"Okay. Fine. But only because I actually am making just as much as you and because if it weren't for my murderous manipulative money hungry ways you wouldn't even have a book to write."

"Well that's a good way to put it I guess." They clean up the kitchen and go back to Ransom's room. It was late, time for them to go to bed. Or at least Hermione to go to bed. She was always exhausted.

They get ready for bed, Hermione's been sleeping in sports bras and Ransoms boxers the past few weeks, it was more comfortable for her since her bump was growing. Ransom sleeps in his boxers as well.

"Hermione?" Ransom whispers to her as they cuddle close, ready to fall asleep. "Ransom?" She whispers back. "What are we gonna name the baby?" Hermione giggles and shifts to look at Ransom.

"I do not have the brain cells to pick out baby names right now. I am so tired. But you knock yourself out. What do you want to name the baby?"

"I don't know, I want a boy first, then a girl. So our son can look after our daughter. And I want to have them close together so they can grow up close. They'll be each others best friends."

"You've really thought about this haven't you?" He nods and she sees the same light in his eyes he always sees in hers.

"Well I've thought about it too actually, and I want that too. I just didn't want to scare you, we're already having one baby I didn't want to tell you I want to pop another one out about a year after this ones born."

"If you're up for it, I would love that. But we can wait to finish this conversation until after this baby is born, or after you've gotten some sleep." Hermione hums a little okay before getting comfortable once again. Ransom does the same and lays his head on Hermione's stomach.

"Noah." Hermione whispers, running her hands through his hair as he cuddles against her baby bump. He kisses her belly and whispers against it as he lays back down. "Goodnight Noah."