Kicking

A week later Hermione and Ransom finally had to go back to her loft to pack her things to move them into their new house. They pulled up to the store and Hermione reached for Ransoms hand. She hadn't been back there since the day Jace destroyed everything.

Ransom held her hand and looked over at her, seeing the scared look on her face, he felt terrible she had to come back. He had tried to convince her to let him and his mother do it but she said she needed to. "You're gonna be alright my love."

She nodded and he kissed her hand before getting out of the car and helping her out as well. He grabbed her hand once again and they basically ran upstairs, trying to get out of the empty store where Jace had once destroyed.

They spent hours packing things into boxes, sorting through things to keep, get rid of or donate. Almost everything is packed except Hermione's book shelf. Ransom's going through it when he finds his journal he had given Hermione.

He holds it up and smiles. "Hey babe, what's this?" She looks over and sees the journal. She starts to blush and stammers. "Oh, uhm I guess after we like ended things I forgot to give it back and I didn't want to throw it away."

"Did you ever reread it? I-I figured you threw it away." Hermione looks down at the box she's packing and smiles to herself. "Ransom, I reread it a hundred times."

"You did?" She nods and stands up taking the journal from him. "I wanted to feel close to you. To know what you were thinking. And it helped me finish the book. You wouldn't talk to me and all I wanted was to be close to you. Reading it helped me."

Ransom took Hermione in his arms, hugging her tight. Resting his chin on the top of her head. "I'm so sorry I left you like that Hermione. You were right, I was scared. I still am. I'm terrified all the time. But I realized I was scared of losing you. Not of being with you."

"You won't lose me." She squeezed him tight and looked up at him. "And you won't lose me." Hermione didn't say anything before but she was still scared she'd lose him. Hearing him assure her she wouldn't, she could finally find peace.

"How about we finish packing and go home. We'll unpack at the new house tomorrow. All that's left is these few boxes here." He kisses her forehead and they continue to pack.

Ransom takes the journal and puts it in the box with the rest of Hermione's books she's keeping. They head back to their new house. Everything is unpacked except Hermione's things from the apartment.

They cuddle up on their new couch and Hermione turns on beauty and the beast. She's convinced if she watches these movies while she's pregnant the baby will grow up loving Disney movies, and she was also a sucker for a Disney fairytale.

Hermione was sitting in Ransom's lap with his hands holding onto her stomach. "Do you want something to eat? You haven't eaten a lot today. Baby must be hungry."

"I guess I should eat something. I feel sick though. But our little Bambino needs to eat. Do we have any crackers or hot chocolate? It's a little cold." Ransom stands up and sets Hermione down on the couch.

"Yea, I'll be right back. Sit tight babygirl." Hermione smiled and blushed uncontrollably. "Okay." She giggled as she wrapped herself in a blanket. Ransom got a box of clubhouse crackers and made two cups of swiss-miss hot chocolate.

He sets it down on the coffee table before settling Hermione back in on his lap. They drink their hot chocolate and Hermione eats her crackers. "Oh my god Ransom!" Hermione yells and jumps up, almost spilling what was left of their hot chocolate.

"What babe, what is it?" He sits up with her and her hands are on her stomach. "The baby kicked, feel." Her eyes lit up and her hands never left her stomach. She turned to meet his eyes and was met by the biggest smile.

"Yea?" He moves his hand under Hermione's trying to feel the baby kick. "Come on baby, kick." He whispers close to Hermione's belly. "Come on bambino, just move around a little for daddy, alright?"

"Didn't we talk about you calling me daddy?" Hermione laughs and the baby kicks. Ransom keeps his hand pressed against her stomach and bites his lip trying to contain his excitement.

"I was not calling you daddy in that sense. But I could if you wanted me to." She holds his hand tighter on her belly as the baby kicks again. "Maybe later." He chuckles. "Hermione, that's our baby in there." He looks up at her and smiles.

"That is our baby. And our baby is actually still hungry so can we lay back down and hold my belly while i'm eating?" Ransom kisses her baby bump and gets them settled back on the couch.

"Yea, let's feed this little munchkin of ours, it seems to make him happy when you feed him." Hermione continues to eat her crackers while Ransom stares at her belly intently. "I actually don't mind you calling me daddy. I like the way it sounds coming from you. I didn't think I would but..."

"But I'm sitting on your lap and I can feel how it effected you." He laughs and shifts underneath of her. "Mhm. And I can feel how it effected you." She bites her lip and shifts onto of him taking another bite of a cracker. "Let me finish my crackers first, then we can christen every room in this house."

"Even the pool and the hot tub?" Hermione takes in her last cracker and downs the rest of her hot chocolate. "Not until I have the baby, it's not safe. But for now, I think we should start in here..."