Pot O' Gold

For the next week Clara's life was a blur

For the next week Clara's life was a blur. Her mind kept replaying the voicemail over and over. She might have been at school physically but mentally she was elsewhere. Her friends had begun to notice the change and were starting to worry. Clara spent her nights staring at the celling debating if she should call Sam back. Swayze was asleep next to her and Clara smiled at the small puppy. Clara was snapped out of her thoughts when Finn knocked on her partially opened door.

"Time for Sunday dinner."

"I'm not that hungry." Clara lied as she continued to stare at the celling.

Finn saw she had her lights off and her curtains were closed. Usually Clara had the lights on and some fairy lights as well. The usually bright room was dark and gloomy.

He knew she was lying about not being hungry so he went down stairs and made her a plate. He came back and placed it on her nightstand.

"I said I wasn't hungry."

"That's a lie."

"How do you know?"

"Brotherly instinct."

Clara sighed and sat up. She was hungry so she took the plate and took a few bites from the pepperoni pizza. Finn was glad he made some progress so he sat down on her chair she had next to her desk.

"So...are you going to tell me what's bothering you?"

"Nothing is."

"You do know our brother-sister relationship is built on trust and honesty right? I mean those were your words."

"I know."

"You used to come to me about everything. When you were 7 you thought you had a monster under your bed so you woke me up in the middle of the night to check. Then when you were ten you were scared from a thunderstorm and asked if you could stay with me in my room. You used to come to me about anything. Why did you stop?"