Original song

Tw: suicide attempt mention

Rachel Berry was on a mission Monday morning

Rachel Berry was on a mission Monday morning. They officially had a week until Regionals and she couldn't come up with anything for her song. So she went to the only other song writer she knew.

"I'm in need of your assistance." Rachel said walking up to her in the hall.

"Hey, Rachel. What's up?"

"I've been working on a song and want to know what you think. I also know you are one of the few people who will give me good feedback other than I sucked."

"Ok..."

"Great!" Rachel smiled and led her to the choir room.

"Okay, so, I really took all of Finn's notes from "My Headband" to heart. And I really tapped into my pain for this second song. So come and sit down." She explained and handed Clara a tissue box.

"These are for you. Just in case. It's pretty emotional. Don't be afraid, if you need to...Hit it."

(Only Child sung by Rachel Berry)

Clara gave a small smile to the girl once she finished and saw Rachel was more emotional than her, much more emotional.

"It's called "Only Child."

"Yeah, I got that. It's better than "My Headband,"
that's for sure. But it...It still feels like you're
just playing scared. You're only dealing with the easy pain. You got to get to the hard stuff. That's what's relatable to everybody." Clara said

"I'm perfectly capable of accessing my pain. I cry every time I sing a solo."

"Exactly. When you sing, I can feel it. I guess you just got to go inside yourself to wherever the singing comes from, and write from there."