Ch. 18 The Ghastly Scare

Your POV

Two Days Later

I woke up and realized that I was laying on a bed with something around my chest. I slowly opened my eyes to see that I was shirtless and my chest was wrapped in bandages. I looked around the room and realized that it was the room at the village inn. Judging off of the small bit of orange sunlight entering the room through the window and the gentle sound of crickets outside, I could tell that it was most likely sometime in the late afternoon or early evening, probably around sunset. I then noticed that Summer was fast asleep in a chair next to the desk opposite the of the bed. Seeing a book that was sitting next to her on the desk, I smirked and used my Semblance to lift it up into the air. After raising it up about a foot into the air, I let it fall onto the desk, which made a loud bang behind Summer on the desk, causing her to wake up as a result. Before she could notice, I quickly closed my eyes as to appear to still be asleep.

Summer's POV

I woke up due to a loud sound from behind me. I turned and saw a book on the desk that had already been there. I frowned and scratched my head as I looked around confused. Y/N was still peacefully sleeping in the bed, so it couldn't have been him. I suddenly heard the sound of paper moving behind me. I turned and saw that the book was now opened to a random page. I jumped out of my chair in shock and slight fear. The book was just closed a minute ago, I thought to myself. But now it's opened. How?!? Then my hood got pulled over my face all on its own, causing me to scream. After I had screamed, I heard a slight snicker from behind me. I turned as I took off my hood and saw Y/N smirking. I let out a sigh of relief and said, "Really?!" He opened his eyes as he snickered again and said, "Sorry. I just couldn't help myself."

Your POV

I went to sit up but stopped when I felt a sharp pain in my chest, causing me to let out a slight groan of pain. Summer quickly came over to me and helped me slowly sit up as she said, "Whoa. Don't push yourself, your chest is still healing. The doctor said that your wound should be healed enough for us to leave in another day or two." I nodded and said, "Okay. But what about Pyrrha?" Summer smiled warmly as she sat down on the bed next to me and said, "I've already told Raven that we'd be gone longer than expected. After I told her why, she said that she and Tai would be more than willing to keep watching Pyrrha for us until we got back." I smiled and said, "Okay. Thanks, Summer. I don't know what I would've done without you." She smiled and said, "I'm sure that you would've done the same for me. I love you, Y/N." I looked into her mesmerizing silver eyes and said, "I love you too, Summer. You've helped me out so much with everything these past two months, I honestly can't thank you enough. It means so much." Summer smiled even more and said, "Y/N, I'm more than happy to help you because I love you so much." I gave her a quick peck on the cheek and said, "I know. Who knows what I would've done if we hadn't run into each other that one day." She nodded and said, "Exactly. Now could you scoot over a bit?" I nodded before I scooted over a little on the bed. Summer laid down next to me and said, "Goodnight, Y/N." I smiled and said, "Goodnight, Summer." Then we both went to sleep together.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.