Ch. 13 Catching Up

Your POV

When we pulled out of the group hug, I looked around at them and said, "So it seems like I missed a few things." They all nodded and Mason said, "A year ago, I married Saffron's sister, Coleen, after we had our daughter together. Coleen is out on a mission right now, so she couldn't come with me. Y/N, I'd like you to meet my one-year-old daughter, Coco Adel." I smiled as I looked at the little girl clinging to his leg. Then Raven said, "Tai and I had a daughter of our own about 7 months ago. Her name is Yang Xiao Long." I raised an eyebrow and asked, "Did you two get married as well?" Tai nodded and said, "Yeah, but we didn't want to do the whole name change thing." I nodded and looked at the yellow haired infant in Raven's arms.

Summer's POV

While Y/N was playing with Yang, Pyrrha, and Coco, Raven walked over to me and gestured for me to follow her into the other room. I followed her into the next room and she said, "Does he even know that you used to have a crush on him?" I shook my head and said, "No, he doesn't." Raven pinched the bridge of her nose as she sighed and said, "Summer, you're going to have to tell him how you feel eventually. If you don't, it'll just make you feel worse emotionally. Now I'm not saying that you should go back in there and tell him right now. What I'm saying is that you need to tell him before it's too late." I sighed as I nodded and said, "Yeah, I guess you're right. I'll just wait until I feel that the moment is right, then I'll tell him."

Your POV

I walked over to Saffron and said, "So Saff, anything new in your life lately?" She shrugged and said, "With me personally, not a lot. My older brother, Jason, and his wife, Jasmine, just had their first kid as well. I believe that they named him Ace." I smiled and said, "Ace, huh? The name Ace Dodger does have a nice ring to it." She nodded and said, "That's what they said." I nodded and said, "So nothing going on with you?" She shook her head and replied, "I got a teaching position at Sanctum Academy in Argus about 3 weeks ago." At the mention of Argus, I had to force myself to smile as I  said, "Congrats, what subject are you going to be teaching?" She smiled and said, "'Dust Studies' is what I'll be teaching. Basically I'll be going over the basic uses as well as the advanced uses of Dust." I nodded and said, "You'd be perfect for that. I remember how much you were interested with the different uses of Dust back in our Beacon years."

Summer's POV

Raven and I were back in the living room with everyone else and I saw that Y/N was talking with Saffron. I then overheard her mention Argus, and I noticed that Y/N had gone stiff for a second before I saw him force a smile onto his face. Then I remembered that Argus was where Angela was originally from. I know that you're still hurting inside, Y/N, I thought to myself. But I promise you that I'll be here to help you through the pain.

After everyone had left, I walked over to Y/N and said, "I know that doing all of that probably wasn't very easy for you. Are you doing okay right now?" He looked down and sighed as he sat down and answered, "I'm not really sure to be honest. It's just been so hard for me, having to deal with losing my wife and my mom while also having to figure out how to take care of my daughter at the same time." He started breaking into tears as he continued and said, "I just can't deal with all of it at times. There are times where I feel like it's too much to deal with, and I even feel like Pyrrha would be better off without me." I went over and hugged him as I said, "Hey, don't think like that. Pyrrha's is much better off with you than in some orphanage or with some random foster family. Besides, you still have your friends and teammates to help you. And you still have me!" He looked at me and said, "I mean yeah, but it's still so hard." I sighed as I thought to myself, I'm pretty sure this isn't the right time to do this, but he probably needs it. I looked at him and said, "Your friends and teammates care about you so much. I care about you more than anything, more than you know." He raised an eyebrow at me as a couple more tears went down his face and he said, "What do you mean?" I took a deep breath and replied, "This probably isn't the right time to do this, but screw it."

Before he could ask or say anything else, I grabbed him by his face and smashed my lips onto his.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.