Chapter 35: the call

Izuku walked back down to the sound proof room where Bakugo was sleeping soundly.

"Rise and shine Bakugo," Izuku said through his mask. Bakugo's eyes fluttered opens and he let out a small yawn.

"What's up?" He yawned out.

"The heroes should be coming. I put in an anonymous tip," Izuku told him. Bakugo smiled but it then dropped.

"What about Deku?"

"Izuku?"

"Yeah, him."

"Shigiraki has been in charge of him. I can't get in his room privately," he replied.

"We need to save him too. If we don't then Todoroki is going to flip," Bakugo told him.

"I've heard Todoroki's voicemail on Izuku's phone. I'm guessing they were a couple?"

Bakugo huffed. "Yeah. They were. They weren't the only couple in that class too."  Izuku noticed the worried expression on Bakugo's face. It was something unusual to see from him.

"Really now. You had someone too?"

Bakugo's face started to turn a light shade of red. "Eijiro Kirishima. He's the only one to calm me down. Both of us aren't out yet so we were keeping our relationship a secret."

"Whenever you get out of here, you better tell your parents about him, deal?"

"What do you mean deal?" Bakugo huffed.

"I'm helping you get out of here. At least do this for me," Izuku replied seriously. An idea popped in his head.

"Bakugo, I have an idea. I have Izuku's phone. I was supposed to break it. If I call Todoroki, you can tell him when to come surprise attack the league. I can't do it myself, but you can. If I talk, then they are going to think it's a set up," Izuku explained pulling out his phone.

"So, don't say anything about you joining us?" Bakugo made sure.

"Correct. The league can't know I'm abandoning them. They need to think I was taken."

Izuku pulled up Todoroki's contact and was about to hit the call button. He took a deep breath and let the phone call start.

It ringed probably once and Todoroki had answered.

"Izuku?!" Todoroki's voice sounded from the phone; he had put it on speaker.

"No Icy hot. It's Bakugo," He huffed acting like himself.

"Where's Izuku?"

"I'm not sure. The villain dropped the phone and I decided to call you guys."

"So you sent that address?" Bakugo shot a confused look to Breach which he just nodded.

"Bakugo?"

"Sorry. I heard something. Yes I sent that but I didn't want the phone light to show so I couldn't do anything else."

"Are you two okay?" Aizawa pipped in.

"I'm okay, but I'm not sure about the nerd. We are in separate rooms."

"I'm glad to hear you're okay at least," Aizawa sighed.

"So, when are you guys saving us?" Bakugo asked.

"We are planning something for tomorrow night. Can you two last till then?"

Bakugo looked to Breach, which he just nodded.

"Yeah. I know I can at least. They are trying to recruit both of us," Bakugo replied.

"We'll talk more when we get you too back."

"Yes sir. I'll end the call now. I don't want them to hear me," Bakugo said seeing Breach do a hand movement to hurry up.

"Stay safe."

The call ended and Izuku had let out a breath. "That was hard not to say anything," he chuckled.

"So tomorrow," Bakugo repeated what Aizawa had said.

"Dabi and Toga know about this situation. I trust those two with my life," Izuku told him.

"It is truly your life," Bakugo laughed.

"Was that supposed to be a joke of sorts?"

"Yes. My boyfriend says I have an incredible sense of humor!"

"Good thing your boyfriend loves you," Izuku laughed.

"I hate you."

"I'm still a villain at heart even though I want out of here," Izuku smiled through his eyes.

"Why are you still in here anyway? Don't you have meetings or something?"

Izuku took back the phone and sat down in the floor.

"Technically, I'm supposed to be torturing you to convert over to the dark side, but I'm not doing that so you get to see my lovely masked face."

"Why the mask anyway?" 

"Can't I keep my identity a secret for a little longer? Secrets are fun sometimes," he winked.

Bakugo rolled his eyes at his comment. Izuku started to laugh but felt his phone vibrate. He pulled it out and looked at what caused the notification.

His eyes scanned over the text. "Hey Bakugo," Izuku said.

"What?!"

"It's a message for you from Todoroki."

"What does half and half want? He already got the confirmation that I'm alive and his boyfriend is okay...I think."

"The plan has changed. They are coming tonight!"

—-

"So they are coming tonight," Toga spoke braiding Izuku's hair while she sat on his bed.

"Yep. Shoto texted my phone thinking sparky had it," Izuku explained.

"Izuku make me a deal," Dabi said sitting in Izuku's desk chair.

"And that is..."

"When you get out, marry my brother. That way, we can actually be family," Dabi said.

Toga and Izuku just gave him a look.

"What?"

"It wasn't even supposed to be a real relationship Dabi. Who knows how this is going to go!" Izuku spoke.

Toga ran her fingers through his hair taking out the braids she had just did.

"Dabi, tell Twice to make a copy of me. Even though I want to leave here, I'm still a villain at heart. It's all I know."

"Are you going to be evil?" Toga squealed.

"You know it!"

"Alright then, give me a second. I'll tell him to add injuries to make it look like that you've been through hell."

"Isn't that just time with Shigiraki?" Izuku smirked.

"So just being a part of the League is equivalent to hell, got it," Toga added in.

"When I'm out of here, we're still going to meet up. I like our hang out times," Izuku told them.

"Yeah, yeah. You love us. We get it. Now let's get to work!"