Chapter 14: the future starts now

The game lasted a while. Nezu was starting to stress on how Izuku was playing him.

'He moves his pieces so quickly, I don't have time to think of my next move,' he thought to himself.

"So Nezu, what's coming up in the school year? I bet some exciting things are bound to happen," Izuku said moving his Queen.

"The sports festival is going to be coming up in a few weeks," he answered moving his pawn up a space.

"The school is still having that? What about the villain attack? Aren't you worried that they are going to attack again?"

Nezu laughed as he moved his pawn up again. "The festival will boost both the community and students moral. From my understanding, the villains were aiming to kill All Might. The faculty and I plan on having more pros as security for the event," he explained.

Izuku was shocked with Nezu telling him this information.

"It's shocking that you tell me that information so casually," Izuku mentioned.

"And why's that?" Nezu questioned.

"Those villains showed up to a training that only class 1-A, teachers, and faculty knew about. It makes me wonder if there was someone who leaked information to them," he moved his took up a space, "that's check mate."

Nezu looked down at the board and see if there was anyway for him to keep going, there was no way.

"You have a point. I wondered the same thing when they first attacked. It's strange how they knew that 1) they knew a class was going to be there and 2) All might was supposed to be one of the teachers there."

"Thankfully for his sake, he wasn't there for the initial attack," Izuku said leaning back in his chair.

"Yes, I completely agree with you. Now, I'll clean up the board. You should get to class," Nezu said hoping down from his seat.

Izuku pulled out his phone and saw the several notifications from mostly his classmates, but looked at the time. School had started at 7:15 and it was currently 8:45.

"We do take long when playing this game, don't we?" Izuku laughed standing up from his seat.

"We do indeed. Two intelligent minds playing such a complex game is bound to take a while," Nezu agreed.

"Well it was a good match Nezu."

"Izuku," Nezu started to speak before Izuku walked away. "If there's anything you ever need to talk about, I'm always here."

Izuku put on a smile. "Thank you Nezu. I'm glad there is someone I can trust completely here at UA."

Izuku grabbed his bag and walked out the door.

——-

"Izuku! Where have you been?! Class started almost 2 hours ago!!" Uraraka said whenever Izuku had walked in.

"It's completely rude to skip out of valuable classroom time," Iida scolded.

"Listen, I was playing chess with Nezu. It just takes a while for us to play," Izuku explained putting his hands acting like he was someone innocent of a crime.

"You seem to be back to your normal self," Todoroki said noticing Izuku's sarcasm.

"You got me there Todoroki."

"I leave the classroom for one minute and 4 people are standing and talking," Aizawa mumbled walking in through the door.

"Sorry Mr. Aizawa!" They all said walking back to their seats.