1231-1232

Chapter 1231 Werewolf Detective
This chapter is updated by Wuxia.Blog

“I wonder what the reward is.”Han Xiao was curious.

The mission requirement was to catch the ‘culprit’, not the ‘true culprit’. He wondered if the mission was based on the truth or the dynasty’s perspective.

If it was the latter, did this mean that as long as he could prove someone was the culprit to the dynasty, the mission would be considered complete?

If that was the case, he would have a chance to complete it.

No way was he going to turn himself in, not in this life. A werewolf would not kill himself, only frame others. That was the only way to live.

Han Xiao shook his head. He did not have the compulsion to clear out every mission. From the way he looked at it, it would be best if he could complete this mission, but it would not matter if he could not complete it.

According to the nature of the mission, the reward was most likely going to be mainly the dynasty’s Contribution Points. If this was in the past, he would have needed them to acquire more blueprints from the dynasty. Now, however, with Jayz’ treasure, the dynasty’s Contribution Points were no longer valuable to him. The only thing that was still useful would be Political Assets.

The next day, Han Xiao entered the online channel of the dynasty task force on the dot. His remote projection appeared in a conference room.

As soon as he entered the room, projections appeared one after another, sizing each other up.

Han Xiao saw familiar faces like Clotti, Kant, Ravenlaude, and so on, as well as unfamiliar faces.

Before they started chatting, Tarrokov appeared, attracting everyone’s attention. “Everyone here is a member of the dynasty’s task force, so I won’t waste any time. You all know what needs to be done. This team has gathered the experts of various fields. You guys are authorized to use all resources the dynasty has in the Flickering World. The dynasty only has one requirement; find the culprit and Gaud’s whereabouts.”

The next moment, Clotti said, “I’m the team captain for the task force for the time being. Any requests to utilize resources can be made through me. As for the detailed arrangements of your jobs, the vice-captain will decide.”

This time, a tall, skinny dynasty officer stepped up, looked at everyone, and did a dynasty style greeting.

“You can call me Sherlock Dillman. I work for the dynasty’s intelligence department. Pardon me for not sharing the details of my work. For this task, the upper echelons have sent me to be the vice-captain. I’ll be in charge of the investigation work. My power alone is limited. Everyone will have to work together.”

Han Xiao raised his brow.

Sherlock? The name sounded like a famous detective. This person was definitely not ordinary. He should be the dynasty’s special talent in the investigation field.

The task force did not need muscles, only expertise. Therefore, Sherlock was the vice-captain, and the Beyond Grade As in the team were experts in different fields. In simple terms, the Beyond Grade As were acting as tools.

The rest introduced themselves one after another. There were three experts in charge of the quantum network search, Kant, Judith—the dynasty’s direct member—and himself.

Sherlock allocated different jobs for the experts in different fields one after another. Very soon, he came to the three of them and quickly pointed out the requirements.