Dick stared at the woman as she pulled out two large needles. His gaze drifted lazily to his arm as she wiped the area clean before tying a tourniquet and starting to feel for his veins.

A quiet whine drifted from Dick's lips when the woman pressed the first needle into his arm. A light sweat beaded his forehead and his arm throbbed.

The second needle elicited less of a reaction as Dick suddenly felt extremely nauseous.

Dick's gaze flicked back to the IVs as his red blood began to flow out of one, being replaced by a gray fluid from the other.

Suddenly screams filled the room. Dick wondered who's they were for a moment before realizing they were his own. Tears filled his eyes as the strange liquid burned through his veins.

The pain continued to travel through Dick's body, and he cried out once more before falling limp in his restraints.

Jason's eyes opened to Bruce's concerned face hovering over him. Dick must've managed to press the emergency button they had hidden on their nightstand. "Where... where's Dick?" Jason said, struggling to a sitting position.

Bruce looked away. "We don't know," he replied.

"No... no no no no no..." Jason mumbled. "It was the court... they... they took him."

Bruce's brows furrowed.

"We have to go get him," Jason said, rising unsteadily to his feet, taking a step and falling.

Bruce caught Jason before he could hit the ground. "Jay... there isn't anything we can do. Nobody knows where the owls have their base... and we found anything we could possibly use to track Dick outside in a puddle of blood."

Jason sank to his knees. "No," he mumbled defeatedly. "No."

A few months later...

Jason sat on the top of the Wayne enterprises building with his helmet tucked under one arm. He stared down at the traffic below, his mind straying to thoughts of his lost husband.

Thoughts and memories swirled in Jason's mind, bringing tears to his eyes. He was about to call it a night and head back to the manor when he felt the tip of a knife press into his back.

Jason slowly turned his head, catching a glimpse of the classic black and golden outfit of a talon complete with golden goggles and knives strapped across their chest.

Hatred immediately swelled within him. They court dared send someone after him after taking his husband from him.

Jason whipped around suddenly, grabbing one of the talon's own knives and slashing it across their chest.

The talon shrieked and backed up, giving Jason time to shoot out a grappling line and swing away.

Jason fully expected the talon to follow him, so he stopped on a nearby rooftop where he felt his chances at successfully defending himself were reasonably high.

The talon swung after Jason, following him to the rooftop.

Jason pulled out a gun, firing off round after round, many of the shots successfully cutting through the black and gold material of the talon's suit and embedding in her flesh, something that bothered her far less than it should have.

When the talon got too close for Jason to use his guns effectively he turned to fists as well as the knife he'd taken from her before.

It appeared however that Jason's skills were no match for the talon and she soon managed to throw him halfway across the roof into the brick wall of the stairwell. His vision blurred significantly and he lay against the wall, watching the dark blur of the talon stalking towards him... until she wasn't.

Another dark blob flew into Jason's vision, ramming into the first talon.

The two talons fought for a while, the second eventually emerging victorious.

Jason tensed, gripping the golden knife that he'd managed to keep ahold of a little tighter when the second talon approached him.

This talon crouched, gingerly brushing a finger over a bump that was forming on Jason's forehead.

Jason slashed upward with the dagger, and the talon squawked as his goggles flew off his face.

Not bothering to look up, Jason drove the dagger into the talon's side.

The choked gasp that the talon made caused Jason to look up. His eyes widened when he saw bright golden eyes staring at him from Dick's face.

The bloody slice on Dick's face gradually faded away, but blood still poured from the stab wound as Dick's body tried to rid itself of the foreign material.

Dick fell backwards, whimpering as he wrapped a hand around the dagger's handle and yanked it out.

Jason jumped forward, his hands hovering over his husband as tears gathered in his eyes.

The wound sealed itself after a few moments, but Dick continued to lie on the ground.

That was when it truly processed in Jason's mind that his husband was back. He immediately scooped Dick up in his arms, pressing a kiss to his lips.

Dick leaned into the touch, his eyes drooping as he yawned.

Jason felt tears running down his cheeks as he continued to hug Dick tightly to his chest.

The whole world seemed to have gone silent as Jason held his husband. And for the moment that was all he could think about because for the first time in months he finally felt whole again.