ⅩⅦⅠ

Everything happened so fast after they escaped.

The neighbors called the police immediately. The family was shocked to see how bad the five looked. The woman, the mother, was trying to talk to the girls but no one responded. The kid stared at them with wide eyes while the father was explaining their situation to the cops.

Renjun didn't say much to him. He just told the most important part – they were held captives for thirteen days and now they had escaped. The captor might still be there. Only one, though.

They were stuck in the police station for more than two hours. The staff gathered around them, offering water and food, while the police chief was taking notes. No one wanted to separate the cousins. No one wanted them to walk somewhere where they could talk in private. Everything happened in the main hall.

The former captives looked weak and some of them could barely walk. It scared most of the staff and soon the ambulance was called for help. When that happened, they had to be separated as the five of them couldn't fit in the same car.

Yanlin cried, but it was the same for Renjun. Being together for twelve and the biggest half of the thirteen day made them form a stronger bond. After all, they experienced everything together. Even if they told what happened, no one knew what they truly lived.

They had a fear of other people, even if they knew they were good ones. It could be said that they had a hard time trusting people. They didn't want to stay alone either... Maybe that was why the police officers were confused about why the other three weren't crying.

The examination started. Renjun heard it from the nurse that was taking care of him.

Their house had those yellow tapes around just like in movies. The investigators and agents didn't stop coming out of the house. Renjun was sure they took a lot of photos. He was convinced that it would be in the newspaper after a few days. The articles about them were already popular.

He only needed to look at the titles on the internet and he felt nauseous. Renjun knew that the journalists needed money so they wrote about everything popular. They even exaggerated the stories so they could get more views. But no one considered how the victims were feeling. Especially when every single channel on the TV was touching the topic too.

The internet was the one spreading information.