ⅫⅠ

Jeno still hadn't returned. Renjun couldn't say that he was nervous or worried. He secretly prayed that Jeno would get caught and tell where his other allies were. Though another side of his mind wanted for him to show up as they were starving.

For lunch, the cousins got canned food. About that... The taste of the food was weird. Renjun wasn't a fan of food in the cans and the strange taste only made him furrow his eyebrows.

The man brought the cans there himself and told the victims to eat them. He didn't say anything else but it wasn't even needed. It was obvious that the man didn't like it too and so he decided to give it to someone who was ready to eat whatever they get.

"Why are you frowning?" he noticed Renjun's face. "You should be glad that I gave you something."

Neither of the girls had the same reaction as Renjun. Even if they didn't like the way it tasted, they still ate it. Either they were really hungry or they didn't know that something was wrong with the taste. But it wasn't just the taste... It was weird how only the victims were eating.

Renjun ate it just to please the man's eyes but thought about throwing it up when he gets the chance.

The boy's ears caught a sound coming from the kitchen. Before he could understand that it was a knock on the glass door, the man quickly left the living room. Renjun's eyes followed the man's back disappearing in the kitchen. Just as there was a sound of the glass door, Renjun heard Jeno's voice.

He slightly glanced at Jaemin. Renjun didn't know why he was so surprised seeing Jaemin with a wide smile. The blonde was visibly excited to go to his boyfriend but had to stay and watch over the victims.

Renjun could hear voices inside the kitchen though he was unable to understand what people inside were saying. Not that it was necessary. The boy believed that the man was asking if anyone saw Jeno while the latter responded that no one didn't. By creating these scenarios inside his head, Renjun wanted to laugh at himself. Was it so pathetic to pray that at least one person had to notice Jeno going in and out of the house that seemed so quiet though it was supposed to have six young energetic people?

Was it weird that Renjun was getting used to having a company inside the bathroom? He forgot about the embarrassment of being in the same room with his captor. Renjun didn't mind the person who stood by the window the day before, but not that it changed the next day too.

The sixth day should have been different. Renjun wanted it to stay boring. Because when it was boring, he didn't have to worry about anything more than stop what he was doing when the man entered the living room. But now he had a lot of things that made his stomach twist.

Renjun and Daiyu were ready. Yesterday when they were walked to the bathroom, Daiyu was already aware of the plan. She wordlessly passed the message to Renjun that she saw the phone. The boy nodded and then they both waited for the right time to take the charger. And they succeeded when Renjun distracted Jaemin. Now that they had everything, the plan was in the progress.

That was the main reason why Renjun was so nervous. He had just come back from the bathroom and Daiyu was the second one to go. Even without communicating, they knew that she would be alone in the bathroom as Jeno said himself that he never went together with girls. That meant only one – Daiyu had to plan everything wisely – she not only had to use the bathroom but also put the phone on the charger and hide it again.

"How's your arm?" Renjun asked Jaemin with an intention to distract himself from the thought about the plan.

"It's better, thanks," Jaemin smiled.