hints, explanations & theories

DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED ALL OF THE CHAPTERS YET. THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SPOILERS!

INVASION  has more theories than hints. Especially the ending. But there's also a lot of explanations I want to make as some of the parts might have been not that informative.

I'm apologizing in advance if some of you thought it's a special chapter with a better ending. I'm not a person to do those chapters, so the ending can be the only one in this book.

──────── PROLOGUE ────────

When the three invaded the house, the man had a gun. Because of ch. 18

we know that there was only one bullet that was used when the man did the warning shot.

──────── 1 ────────

When Renjun was treating Jaemin's gunshot wound, the man appeared to see what took them so long. You can tell right away that the old man's and Jaemin's relationship was odd as the blonde's answers were harsh.

When no one of the captives was speaking, the man threatened to shoot them. It's left unknown if only the man knew that there were no bullets, maybe Jeno and Jaemin knew it too? Either way, it shows how easy it was for the man to control the captives just because he had a gun.

──────── 2 ────────

The cloth that the man put in Renjun's mouth to prevent him from speaking, and also his tied up hands, were already a sign of weakness and humiliation. The whipping in the ch. 14 made it worse.

──────── 3 ────────

Renjun's escape failed because Jeno caught him. From the way Jeno and Jaemin talk with each other, it's obvious that both of them didn't like what they were doing. Jaemin even wanted Renjun to escape.

──────── 4 ────────

I personally like this chapter. For me, it's like a horror movie thing. You know, the freedom is near but you can't do anything about it. The logic of horror movies sucks that's why the neighbor lady went away as usually in movies innocent people get killed (for example, a stupid police officer).

However, in this situation, the neighbor wouldn't be killed. There were no bullets in the gun. Too bad no one knew. Anyway, she was stupid, though. She never went to visit them again.

At the end of this chapter, the mention of humiliation strikes again.

──────── 5 ────────

The man is a manipulator and egoistic. He didn't care about anyone else but himself. That was why he had no interest in helping Jaemin.

──────── 6 ────────

Sorry again if the things in this chapter sounded stupid. I'm not a medical student myself. Even if they were stupid let's just think of them as to how bad their situation was and so on.

──────── 8 ────────

Here, Jaemin promised Renjun that he'll save them all. Now we know that he didn't from the following chapters. But the way he said it and took care of them afterward, made Renjun trust him, which was the main reason he easily fell for Jaemin when he was in trance and even after that.