Detective Delaney observed the proceedings with a furrowed brow.

When the other officers left them alone Delaney called Dick's name, watching him closely as he slowly looked up from where his eyes had been trained on the floor.

"Mr. Grayson, I have a few questions I would like to ask you," Delaney said.

Dick nodded, dropping his gaze to his lap.

"Good." Delaney said, pulling a pad of paper for note taking from his coat pocket. "Let's start with your version of what happened."

"It... it was late," Dick began. "I.. I saw... I saw her... she... she killed him... I... she... she... she killed him... Blockbuster... I couldn't... didn't... I... I didn't stop her." He paused for a moment, his shaking intensifying as he was forced to relive the memories of that night again. "I... I was in shock... I... I couldn't stop her... I... I said no... I told... I told her no... but... but she wouldn't listen..." Dick trailed off with a quiet whimper.

Delaney was speechless for a moment... was he hearing what Dick was saying correctly? "Are you saying that Catalina Flores raped you?" He asked quietly.

"N-no," Dick said forcefully. "It... it wasn't... couldn't... It w-wasn't that... please... please don't... It... it c-couldn't have been... I... I said n-no, but she wouldn't listen." A quiet sob escaped Dick. "I s-should have been able to stop... to stop her. I... I stop rapists a-all the time."

"Grayson, this isn't your fault," Delaney said.

"Y-yes... yes it... it is," Dick said, his voice sounding dull. "I'm the one i-in prison... how... how can it not be my fault... I sh-should've been stronger... Should... should've been able to stop her."

Delaney watched Dick in silence as he heaved silent sobs. "There's one last thing I would like to do," he said after a few minutes. "I'd like to play this audio recording for you to listen to."

Dick nodded his head weakly.

Delaney bit his lip, wondering if this would be taking things just a bit too far... he didn't want Dick to have to relive his experience more than he already had... but he needed something to help him convince the court of Dick's innocence... and this... this would do it. He pulled out his phone and played the short audio clip of Catalina's voice.

Dick froze when he heard the voice, his body trembling. His breathing began to speed up and he pulled at his restraints, staring at some phantom above him. "N-no... p-p-please," he whimpered.

The detective immediately stopped the audio when he saw how panicked Dick looked, however, that did little to calm Dick, who's breathing was steadily increasing.

"Grayson, calm down, she's not here," Delaney said, trying to help calm Dick.

Dick let out a quiet whimper before he passed out.

Delaney stood, shouting for the guards.

Two armed men rushed in the room. One hooked his arms under Dick's shoulders and the other unlocked his wrists.

"It looks like your session is over detective. I hope you got what you needed," one guard said, while the other hauled Dick's unconscious body out of the room.

It was weeks before Dick saw his old partner again, and when he did it was once again in the court room.

Dick sat silently as the new evidence was presented and examined, his face emotionless and his eyes dull. He'd long since started dissociating to escape from the pain of the memories and the flashbacks.