Epilogue

Epilogue

“Yaaahhhhh!!!! Lee Felix! Han Jisung! Wake up you bastards! It’s already late!” Jeongin shouted in a hurry the moment he steps out of his room.

He directly went towards Felix and Han's room to knock on their doors while still shouting. “Yah! Wake up already before I pull you out of your beds!” He threatened, his knuckles were already aching because of too much knocking but who cares? Definitely not him. Today is Bang Chan's concert day and they can’t be late! He already forgot to set an alarm yesterday because of too much tiredness that’s why he woke up pretty late today.

“Yah! Get out now and ready yourselves! Han! Felix!” Jeongin keeps on shouting until Felix and Han finally opened their room’s door. Han is irritatedly scratching his head while Felix can even barely open his eyes and they both look a mess because of their messy hair.

“What the hell is your problem Yang Jeongin? It’s early in the morning! I didn’t even get enough sleep for goodness’s sake!” Han exclaimed after closing his door.

“Jeongin-ah… we don’t have school today right?” Felix asked in a sleepy voice with his head hang low and eyes still closed.

“I know that!” Jeongin said while looking at Felix then he looks at Han’s direction. “And who the hell told you it’s still early huh? It’s already one in the afternoon!” Jeongin exclaimed like it explains everything.

Han knotted his eyebrows, he looks like he’s ready to throw a punch anytime.  “And so what? C'mon! Stop being unreasonable! Can’t you see we’re still sleepy!” Han fired back with totally annoyed face.

“Tsk! Have you seriously forgot what day is it today?” Jeongin asked in a flat voice.

“What? Is it your birthday today?” Han asked with a straight face.

The two keeps on arguing while Felix already fell asleep while leaning towards the wall.

“Tsk! That’s not it! It’s chan's concert today! And we only have three hours! C’mon! We need to hurry up already or we’ll be late.” Jeongin said then he looks at Felix and when he saw his situation, Jeongin couldn’t help but to shook his head. “Aigo! Look at this man.” He mumbled, still looking at Felix. “Yah! Lix! Wake up!” he said while shaking Felix’s body.

Felix groaned before opening his eyes to look at him. “What is it?” Felix whispered in a faint voice.

“C'mon! Fix yourself. We can’t be late at Chan’s concert okay?” Jeongin felt like he’s talking to a kid.

“Hmm? Is it today?” Felix asked who looks like he’s still lost in his dreamland.

“Yes it is. So now, take a bath and change into something decent and we’ll be leaving. Okay?” Jeongin said and Felix just nod his head before opening the door of his room then he steps inside leaving him with Han.

Jeongin looks at his other cousin who’s also looking at him. “You get ready too.” He then rush towards his room while mumbling curses making Han shook his head before opening the door of his room to get inside.

The three of them took a bath in the bathroom of their own rooms. Good thing their rooms have it’s own perspective bathrooms so it’s less hassle for them especially when they are in a hurry.

After taking a bath, they changed into something comfortable for them to wear but also appropriate for a concert venue.

Han wore a black shirt paired with a ripped fitted jeans and sneakers. Felix wore a white oversized hoodie paired with a black jeans and rubber shoes while Jeongin wore a black sweatshirt paired with a grey sweatpants and rubber shoes, he also bring a white bull cap with him.

They finished fixing themselves at 2:45 pm. Jeongin already texted Hyunjin earlier before he took a shower to pick them up since he doesn’t want to commute. That’s why when they steps out of their apartment, they immediately saw two cars parked in front.

Hyunjin gets out of his car before waving at him. “We decided to take two cars since we can’t fit altogether inside my car. Han, you go with Minho, Felix and Jeongin will be riding with me.” Hyunjin said and Han just nod his head before walking towards Minho’s car.

While Jeongin and Felix steps inside Hyunjin’s car and sat on the backseat since Changbin is sitting on the passenger’s seat.

Minho’s car beeped before it droves off. Hyunjin buckled his seatbelt before maneuvering the car.

While on their way to the venue, Felix really look sleepy that’s why Jeongin asked him to lean on his shoulder so he could take a nap even for a while.

Changbin looks at the rearview mirror and saw the situation at the backseat. That’s why he look back before asking Jeongin. “He’s still sleepy?” he asked and Jeongin just shook his head so Felix’s sleep won’t be disturb.

“He must be so tired because of our trip.” Changbin said while still looking affectionately at Felix who’s sleeping peacefully on Jeongin’s shoulder.

“Hmm… the three of us literally passed out after we got home. It’s really tiresome. But the good thing is we had fun.” Jeongin said in a low voice since they have a sleeping beauty with them.

“Just tell me if your shoulders starts to get numb. I’ll switch seats with you.” Changbin said.

“Hmm.. don’t worry. I’ll be fine. And we’re already close to the venue.” He said to assure Changbin.

They remained quite after that and Felix was asleep the whole ride. Jeongin needs to wake him up when they finally arrived at the concert hall.

“Lix! Wake up! We’re already here.” Jeongin slightly tapped Felix’s cheeks to wake him up.

Felix groaned before slowly opening his eyes. Hyunjin and Changbin already went out and now is talking with Minho and Han who just arrived that’s why it’s only the two of them left inside the car.

Jeongin’s phone beeped so he fetch it from his pocket and saw a message from Seungmin saying he’s already inside waiting for them.

“Hmm… where is Hyunjin and Changbin?” the first thing Felix asked the moment he opened his eyes.

Jeongin put his phone back in his pocket before answering his cousin. “They are already outside. They’re waiting for us. Let’s go.” They both opened the door of the car on their side before stepping out if it.

They walk towards the other guys’ direction. “Let’s go inside. Seungmin texted me he’s already in there and he’s waiting for us.” Jeongin said and they all nod at him as they walk towards the entrance of the venue.

They gave their tickets to the bouncer that is guarding the entrance before they could totally enter.

They went towards the VIP section where they immediately saw Seungmin sitting while typing something on his phone looking so bored in his seat and when he saw them, his face finally lit up and even wave his hand at them.

They take their seats and he is the one seated beside Seungmin and beside him is Hyunjin, the one sitting beside Hyunjin is Felix next is Changbin then Han and Minho at the edge. “You look bored.” Jeongin whispered with a hint of laughter in his voice.

“You don’t have any idea. I was here since 3 pm and I waited for one hour. And that man keeps on texting me saying he’s nervous. Tch! It’s not like this is the first concert of his life. He’s just messing with me I guess…” Seungmin said before shaking his head.

Jeongin chuckled. “Well, I guess it’s normal feeling nervous during an event like this. I mean, he’s facing thousands of people.”

Seungmin nod his head. “I guess you made sense.”

Hyunjin gets his attention after talking to Seungmin. Jeongin looks at him with a questioning look. “Hmm? What is it?” Jeongin asked.

Hyunjin shook his head before giving him a smile. “Nothing.”

Jeongin rolled his eyes at him before searching for Hyunjin’s hands and intertwined it with his afterwards. “Is this enough?” Jeongin asked while showing Hyunjin their clasped fingers and the latter did not his head with a wide smile in his lips.

“More than enough.” Hyunjin put their intertwined hands inside the pocket of his jacket before looking in front.

Jeongin just shook his head before doing the same.

Another couple of minutes passed before the concert finally started. The crowd started to get wild as Chan started performing on stage. Even Jeongin couldn’t stop himself from screaming in Chan’s every performance. Bang Chan’s voice is just so soothing that he can’t help but to be mesmerized by his singing skills. And he’s also dancing while singing but his voice is just so stable that Jeongin keeps thinking if he even gets tired.

And while others are obviously enjoying the whole event, Hyunjin was silently sitting there, forcing himself not to roll his eyes seeing his baby bun looking so in love with Bang Chan’s performance. Jeongin even let go of his hand just so he could cheer Chan freely.

He is totally ignored by his baby bun because he’s now busy fanboying. When will he even see him being like this towards him?

The whole concert continues and the crowd was never calm, same goes with his baby bun. And now, the concert is nearing its end and looks like Hyunjin is the only one who’s happy with the thought of it.

Chan is going to perform the last song before the event is finally over. “Umm… now, I’m going to sing my last song for this concert. This is actually not one of my songs but I just want to dedicate this to a specific person. To the person who never failed to give me butterflies whenever I see his eyes, his face, and whenever I feel his presence… to my favorite person… this is for you. I hope this is enough for a birthday present yeah?” Chan laugh nervously making Seungmin shook his head.

So this is the reason of his nervousness?

The music started to play as Chan started to sing the last song for his concert.

“Mmm-mmm
You could give me chills
On a summer day, yeah
When we're laying still
But you make my heart race
Gonna keep me young
When we're old and grey
I know that time moves on
But some things don't change”

Chan’s eyes found Seungmin and right at that moment, he can’t see anyone but Seungmin's beautiful eyes. Like they are the only persons who’s inside this big place. Seungmin felt like Chan is talking to him through the song he is singing right now.

“I won't stop getting butterflies
I get 'em every time
I look into your eyes
You won't stop running through my mind
For the rest of both our lives
You give me butterflies
And I keep on getting
Butterflies”

Hyunjin unconsciously looks at Jeongin’s direction who’s busy looking in front, enjoying the song while swaying his body from side to side.

He smiled out of habit whenever he looks at his baby bun. The song exactly tells his feelings whenever he would look at this man beside him. Jeongin never failed to give him butterflies whenever his would bore into his. Like it was always their first time seeing each other. And a day won’t pass without him thinking about his smiles, his laughter that gives off positive energy, and everything about him.

“I still fall in love with you
Every time I see your eyes
It takes me back to the first time
I saw you smile
They told us we were young and dumb
We didn't know about love
Now look at all the things we've become”

Minho suddenly remembered that time he first saw Han. That day when he was looking for his cat and he saw Han talking with Doongie with a small smile in his lips. He actually acted rude towards him that day but deep inside, he’s already crumbling just because of his smile. He just can’t accept the fact that he actually felt like a fool with a man’s smile. He never felt it towards anyone before, just with this singing quokka beside him. Now, Han's smile is his favorite among all the other smiles he have seen before.

“I won't stop getting butterflies
I get 'em every time
I look into your eyes
You won't stop running through my mind
For the rest of both our lives
You give me butterflies
I keep on getting (keep on getting)
Keep on getting (keep on getting)
I keep on getting (keep on getting)
Butterflies”

Felix unconsciously smiled after remembering the very first time he laid his eyes at Changbin. That was the day when Jeongin asked him for company during Bang Chan’s fan signing event but he ended up staying outside because it was too crowded. But he never expected that he would saw a man who would take his breath away and make his heart beat like he never felt with anyone before.

From that very first time seeing Changbin, he never failed getting butterflies whenever he see him around, even now. Whenever he would look directly at his eyes, Felix could feel something inside his stomach. That precious feeling that only few could experience but didn’t last long, that’s why he’s the happiest that up until this very moment, Changbin could still make him feel butterflies like everyday is the very first day he fell for him.

“And I won't stop getting butterflies
I get 'em every time, yeah

I won't stop getting butterflies
I get 'em every time
I look into your eyes
You won't stop running through my mind
For the rest of both our lives
You give me butterflies
I keep on getting (keep on getting)
Keep on getting (keep on getting)
I keep on getting (keep on getting)
Butterflies

I keep on getting
Butterflies”

As the song comes to and end, Chan didn’t leave the stage yet. That’s why everyone waited for his final speech to officially end the concert.

“Umm… I hope you enjoyed the whole concert and I hope to see you again guys next time. I really enjoyed a lot performing on stage and keeping you all entertained. And lastly, this last song is for you. I hope you finally realized what I really feel towards you. That I don’t want to be just friends because I want something more from you. Call me greedy and all, but I won’t let anyone have you but me. Keep that in mind.” Chan then made a bow to everyone before leaving the stage.

While other people who attended the concert already started leaving the venue, Seungmin was left unmoving on his seat. Tho Chan didn’t mentioned any name, why does he felt so sure that he’s pertaining to him? Is he just being delusional?

Seungmin’s thoughts were cut off when Jeongin tapped his shoulder. “You won’t go with us?” he asked while pointing at the other guys who’s already ready to leave.

“Ah! Yeah. I’ll go with you guys.” He then stood up before walking behind them.

They went out of the venue after a couple of minutes because there’s so many people clogging the exit.

They immediately went towards the parking lot.

“Ah! By the way… would you guys mind if I ask you to go at my house tonight? I know it’s already pretty late but… it’s actually my birthday and—

“It’s your birthday?” Jeongin gapped at him. “So… you were the one Chan was pertaining to—

“I don’t think so. Maybe he’s talking about someone else—

“Nah. I’m sure he’s talking about you. Don’t you really realized that he likes you more than a friend? How numb could you get?” Minho said cutting him off.

Han immediately elbowed Minho earning a groan from the latter. “You could at least say it a little nicer yeah?” Han spoke in thick sarcasm and Minho just shrugged.

“Anyways… we will come! Let’s celebrate your birthday together. What do you think guys?” Felix asked and all of them nod their head. “Great! Then you lead the way. We will follow you at the back.”

“Okay! Let’s go then.” Seungmin excitedly hopped inside his car and same goes with the other guys.

Unlike earlier, Changbin and Felix rode with Han and Minho this time. That’s why it’s only Jeongin and Hyunjin inside the car.

Jeongin keeps on clearing his throat. It’s kinda hurting because he screamed too much earlier. “Here. Drink this.” Hyunjin handed him a bottled of water  he got from the backseat with it’s cup already detached.

Jeongin immediately drank the water to at least lessen the soreness of his throat.

“Feeling better?” Hyunjin asked and Jeongin just nod his head. He doesn’t want to talk too much since it’s making his throat sore even more.

Hyunjin messed his hair before leaning towards him to buckle his seatbelt. Then he buckle his own seatbelt afterwards.

Hyunjin maneuver the car after Seungmin and Minho’s car left. It’s already late but since they don’t have any morning class tomorrow, they could still attend Seungmin’s birthday.

“I feel so tired…” Jeongin said in a weak voice.

“Should we still attend Seungmin’s birthday? I could just tell them you’re not feeling well—

Jeongin shook his head. “Nah. I’m fine. Maybe I’ll just take a nap even just for a couple of minutes. This is probably because I used my energy too much earlier.” Jeongin said before closing his eyes.

“Would you be able to fall asleep with that position?” Hyunjin asked in a worried tone.

Jeongin shook his head. “Maybe…”

Hyunjin search for something on the car’s passenger's seat, his eyes not leaving the road. Then seconds later, the seat leaned a little backwards making it looks like a small bed and it makes Jeongin more comfortable.

“Is that enough?” Hyunjin asked, eyes still focus on the road.

“Hmm… thank you…” Jeongin mumbled making Hyunjin smile to himself.

Since Jeongin is already sleeping beside him, Hyunjin couldnl focus more on the road and to Minho’s car that he’s following.

Minutes passed and the two cars ahead of him finally stopped in front of a big house. Hyunjin parked his car just behind Minho's car before facing his baby bun who’s still sleeping peacefully.

He leaned towards Jeongin before slightly shaking his body to wake him up. “Jeongin! Wake up. We’re already here.” Hyunjin said.

Jeongin groaned before slowly opening his eyes. “Hey… wake up sleepyhead. We’re already here.” Hyunjin whispered before fixing Jeongin’s messy hair.

Hyunjin adjusted the seat again back to it’s normal form before they leave the car.

Seungmin is waiting for them outside the gate while the others are already inside. “Hey… sorry it took us long. I still need to wake him up.” Hyunjin said while holding Jeongin’s hand who still looks sleepy.

“Nah. It’s okay. Let’s get inside now.” Seungmin lead the way as they follow from behind.

When they entered inside, Minho, Han, Felix and Changbin are already seated at the dinning area where the foods are all prepared.

Hyunjin let his baby bun sit first before he seated beside him. “Chan would arrive pretty late so we can eat already.” Seungmin said when they were all seated.

“Where is your parents anyways?” Felix asked as they all started to eat.

Seungmin put some chicken on his plate before answering. “Ah! They already left earlier. We spent the whole morning celebrating my birthday together with my sister. They left after lunch since I told them I need to attend Chan’s concert.” He explained.

Hyunjin takes care of his baby bun first since he still looks tired. That’s why he put all the food he wants before taking care of himself.

“Is your food enough?” Hyunjin whispered and Jeongin just shook his head before he started eating.

The seven of them ate while talking about some random stuffs that they could think about. And moments later, they heard the front door opened and not long after, Chan steps inside the dining hall wearing a black shirt paired with black pants and a double strap sandals.

“Oh! Looks like I’m late.” He said before walking towards the table.

“Yow! The concert was amazing!” Han exclaimed making Chan chuckle.

“Thank you. It actually felt nice that you guys enjoyed.” Chan said before sitting on the vacant seat beside Seungmin.

“Uhuh! Especially the last part. Nice choice of song.” Changbin said before giving Chan a thumbs up.

Chan secretly took a glance at Seungmin who’s eating silently before looking back at them. “Hmm… I really like that song the moment I heard it.”

“Yeah? You know what they say… there’s only two possible reason for a person to like a song. It’s either it reminds them of someone or the song conveys what they truly feels to someone. You get me?” Changbin said and the only one who was able to answer him is Minho.

“I’ve never heard of it.” Minho said making Changbin scoffed.

“Then you could have shut your mouth.” Changbin said.

“Talking is one of human's freedom okay? So don’t stop me from talking.” Minho said.

They all shook their head before continuing eating. Chan already joined them and they continued chatting with each other.

They keep on talking that they already lost track of time. They only realized it when Minho told them.

“I think we need to go now. I still have a work tomorrow.” Minho said and all of them agreed. Since Hyunjin still have an early appointment tomorrow, same goes with Changbin and Han needs to leave early tomorrow because he’s already going back home.

“Oh! Yeah. Thank you for tonight. Have a safe trip.” Seungmin said before walking them out of his apartment.

He waited for them to finally leave before he close the gate of his apartment. Then he went back inside and saw Chan eating the ice cream heartily.

“Stop eating that already. That’s sweet and cold. You might get cough.” Seungmin nagged before cleaning the table.

“I’m still waiting for your answer.” Chan said making him confused.

He face him before speaking. “Answer? Why would you even wait for my answer? And the heck? When did you asked me?”

Chan stop eating the ice cream before walking towards him.

“About what I’ve said earlier at the concert.”

Seungmin pressed his lips together, afraid he might say something without thinking properly.

“I don’t want to be just a friend to you anymore. I want more from you. I know I sound too selfish with this but I don’t want you to treat me like how you treat others like I’m not special to you, like I’m just one of those people you treat like a good friend and nothing else. I want you to look at me like I matters to you. That you treasure me too like how I treasure you and---

Chan stops from talking when Seungmin shove a piece of bread inside his mouth cutting his words.

“You talk too much.” He said before turning his back at Chan who still have the bread inside his mouth.

“So what’s your answer?!” Chan asked after taking the bread out of his mouth.

“What do you think?” Seungmin answered him with another question.

“How would I know?”

“I think you should leave now. It’s late already. You should go and take a rest.” Seungmin said disregarding his question.

“Yah! You didn’t even answer me yet—

“Go home now Chan! Have some goodnight sleep!” Seungmin really push him out of his apartment with a wide smile on his lips.

“But you didn’t—

Seungmin close the door in front of his face. Chan blink enumerable times while looking at the door. “Why am I… even in love with that man!?” Chan mumbled to himself before forcing himself to leave.

While Seungmin cleaned the whole dinning area and also washed the dishes even tho is already tired. After doing all the chores, he took a bath and change into some comfortable sleeping garments.

As he lay down on his bed, he search for his phone before composing a message for Chan.

Seungmin:

1 word 3 letters…

Then he hit the send button. Seungmin doesn’t have any plan of waiting for Chan’s reply with the thought that Chan is already sleeping that’s why he was a bit surprised when his phone beeped when he’s about to close his eyes to sleep.

He opened the message from Chan.

Chan:
What???

Seungmin shook his head. “Tsk! I thought he’s smart?

He compose another message with the same content like his previous message for him.

Seungmin:
1 word 3 letters…

Then he received multiple messages from Chan.

Chan:
What??? I don’t get you at all!

Chan:
Yah! Seungmin-ah! Are you playing with me?

Chan:
Yah! Kim Seungmin!

Seungmin didn’t bother replying to any of Chan’s messages until his phone stops beeping. He thought Chan already gave up and he was about to tell him the meaning of his message when he received another message from Chan.

Chan:
Yah! You’re not kidding right now don’t you?

Chan:
Is this for real???

Seungmin chuckled before composing a reply.

Seungmin:
Want me to take it back?

Chan immediately replied like he’s scared he’d change his mind.

Chan:
Nope! You can’t take it back anymore!

Chan:
Kim Seungmin, you can’t take it back you get me???

Seungmin chuckled to himself before putting his phone on the bedside table.

He can’t stop himself from smiling as he close his eyes to sleep. He finally said the answer. And he don’t feel any regrets like what he used to fear before that’s why he keeps on restraining himself from showing what he truly feels towards that man.

And now .. he’s finally free from his own feelings and fear.

×××