TSR XVIII: Freeing

Update! Update! Update!

I got my result guys and thank God, I tested negative for the virus. I can finally breath well. 

***

Supposedly, Vane was unbothered with all of the things that she has seen this morning but she doesn't feel any right. "Going home boss," she told Molly, her manager, who was at the counter. She faked a smile but that was way too obvious for the manager.

While making her way to the parking area, she decided to take stop in the same park where she met him. The cold breeze envelopes her. She was staring at who knows where. Just living at the moment with nature trying to heal her.

Are my feelings even valid?

Why am I even suddenly feeling like this?

Vane stared at her phone and saw messages from the guy. She didn't respond to any of it yet until she received a message from an unknown number.

From: Unknown

Avery, it's Lance. Are you okay?

She smiled because instead of getting annoyed by the message of the guy, she felt better. She kept her promise to Joshua that it's time for them to settle everything in the past and decided to accept what's in the current moment. She settled everything with Lance already. They have talked and put an end to their past.

****

Vane's POV (Flashback)

(Joshua was still in shootings for their promotions)

Joshua gave me so much comfort and this relief is scaring me though.

It's only right to give him the same comfort right?

Or am I just returning the favor?

I think of it hard while he was in the shootings. Yes, I have to move my feet forward and forgive now. I was going out of work when I saw him again outside the café. It's been weeks since he stopped and it gave me so much time to think and also him – maybe.

Lance wasn't intimidating that night. He looks tired and he was just looking at me from far away. It's on the other side of the road. I smiled because I had this feeling in me that says go and talk to him. It's time.

I cross the road and he was just staring at me while I was walking towards him. His emotions were the same. He didn't show me a smile or anger, he looks anxious. He was fidgeting his fingers. This is the Lance that I have met back then and it made me comfortable.

I was just one step away from him now. I blew air to release the tension inside me.

Am I ready to do this, really?

"Please, don't force yourself to talk to me now if you are uncomfortable," I heard him say. He was so gentle.

"No. I think it's time for us to talk," I said with so much confidence. I saw one of Joshua's bodyguards coming towards us. I excused myself from Lance and went to talk to one of the guards.

"I just want to tell you that if you are going to do anything funny, they are around us," I notified him about the guards so he won't fool me.

"I won't. I also just want to settle everything, Ave. For real," he said.

We walk together heading to the park near the café. It is where I usually go. Fifteen minutes of walk that no one was talking. I kept my distance and he did too. We sat on a bench that is overlooking a lake.