TSR VI: Back

Vane's day in the café was pretty busy. A lot of customers today because the café is just near big entertainment agencies and other large corporations, employees usually go there on their breaks while some customers go there to take a chance of seeing a glimpse of their idols.

Being the head chef became a routine for her, all she does is to check the sanitary precautions of making her popular pastries and to control the quality of the product before it reaches the customer. Café Neda is no longer just a café but also an aesthetic restaurant. The first floor of the Café Neda building contains the café but the second floor was the restaurant, which was inspired by the restaurant of the owner's mom. She was also thought about the recipes but she was allowed to also put a twist on them.

Vane became the handler of the newest branch. It was a lot of pressure for her but she was handling both the café and the restaurant pretty well. It became really popular because the café doesn't only offer good pastries but offers delicious foods from different countries. Taking in control was never easy but Vanessa Elora Avery with her experience in leading when she was playing as a captain in volleyball during her high school time became advantageous for her.

While she was doing her job, suddenly someone called her. "Chef Vane! You have a visitor," the staff calls her Vane now because April introduced her to them as Vane. She embraced her new identity because she also wanted a new beginning in a new environment. But she was puzzled about who because didn't make any close friends yet while in the country. She had been friends but with her co-chefs which all she knew were busy too with their restaurants and jobs.

"Okay coming!" she said and took off her apron and went outside the kitchen. The staff directed her to a guy sitting on the corner of the café. Vane took a deep breath before facing the visitor.

Vane was taken aback when she saw the man in front of her. "Avery," the man called and it sending her spine shivers. The handsome man calling her that was the same man she used to love so much and the man who broke her heart. The man who made her despise their existence and who changed her definition and the essence of love.

Her knees weakened seeing the man she disdains. He made Vane unready and impossible to forgive easily because of how she was hurt. "What do you need?" she said dispassionately.

"Can we talk?" he said so lovingly to the lady.

"Follow me," she said and went to the rooftop. She doesn't want to make a scene in there, not now that there were a lot of people inside the café and the restaurant.

They took a sit but there was silence in between them. She was just staring at him with her arms crossed to each other the same with her legs. Vane with a stronger aura wanting to show him that this-is-the-girl-you-left-for-that-bitch look. "Talk. Don't waste my time. I have a lot of things to do," she told the guy nonchalantly.

"How are you, Avery?" the guy asked so sweetly making her very uncomfortable.

"I said don't waste my time and tell me what you want to tell me. I left my kitchen for this and I am pretty much busy so talk," with her annoyed face she said that directly hurting the guy.

"Forgive me," the guy asked.

Vane scoffed. "Forgive you for what?" Vane mocking him.

"For leaving you just like that. Vane, please give me another chance. I changed. I realized that for the last 5 years that I wasn't with you, my life became so unhappy," the man explaining to Vane with all of the emotions on his face.

"Don't joke around," Vane began to chuckle because of the nonsense things the guy was telling her. "I don't even know how you found me or your purpose why are you exactly here. But for you to ask for forgiveness?" she scoffs. Vane couldn't believe that he had the face to show after all the things he have done to her.