Chapter One

It was my first day at my new job so I was shadowing another waitress that works at Nandos To get a feel for the job. It was hard to concentrate though, all I was thinking about was getting off work to go back to my flat and check the mail. I was waiting for my college acceptance letter to come in, it's been two weeks since my best friend Margaret got hers and I was starting to get a little anxious.

"Stop day-dreaming and get back to work!" Sally, my co-worker shouted from across the restraunant room. "I am, I am sheesh I've just got a lot on my mind" " What about?" " I still haven't gotten my college acceptance letter and The University of London is the only college I applied to". Have you ever had that little voice of doubt in the back of your thoughts telling you that is wasn't going to happen? Yup that was me, I Nicole Showenfield am doubting my smarts and ability to get into college.

*After Work*

I grabbed my mail as I walked into my building, my flat was on the 7th floor so I took the elevator like always. I just had walked into my flat when Margaret called.

"hey"

"Oh, hey Margaret what's up?"

"Do you want to hang out today? I mean I know you just got off your first day of work so do you want to watch some movies and chill?" I debated whether or not I wanted to hangout and then decided on yes, "yea I'd love to"

"Awesome! I'll be over in twenty minutes" Margaret said quite excitedly. "Okay I'll see you then" I couldn't wait to see Margaret, it's been a few weeks because she was visiting her family, who by the way lived like 4 hours from me so I stayed behind and found a job.

*one hour later*

"So how's your new job" Margaret asked me while we were sitting on the couch watching one of my favorite movies, the notebook. "It's fine kind of boring but at least I get discounts right" I said enthusiasticly. "Yea, hey why don't we go there to eat for diner instead of ordering out?"

"Sounds good to me just let me go change first" I was sort of excited to go eat there because I haven't eaten there in months cuz of my job and working all the time. Then there's the problem with Margaret who was gone for the past few weeks so I'm ready to go out and fun again.

*At Nandos*

"Hi I'll be your server my na- hey Nicole how are you?" Sally my co worker was our sever so this should be a good night.

"I'm good, oh, Sally this is my friend Margaret, Margaret this is Sally, she's my co worker" I said matter of factly.

"Hi Sally" she said with a smile.

After Margaret and Sally met, Sally had stayed to talk for a while because the place was pretty dead tonight, Tuesdays usually were a quiet night, not many customers coming in.

"Oh I've got another table, be back in a minute" Sally said as she got up and walked over to the table where the 5 boys were seated. I a couple of minutes Sally had brought them their drinks and had taken their order. "So do you guys want any dessert before you leave?"

"Yea I'll have a slice of apple pie and a chocolate sundae" Margaret said cheerily while I declined the offer. Sally came back a few minutes later with Margaret's apple pie and chocolate sundae and it looks like a molten lava cake.

"Here you go Margaret and Nikki this is for you" Sally said a bit happy.

"But I didn't order dessert remember?!"

"Yes I know, that adorable blonde boy over there did and he paid for your bill too!"

"Well thanks" I said with a chuckle. I looked at the dessert and written in the syrup drizzle was a number. I'm just taking a wild guess but I think it was the blonde boy's cell phone number because underneath it said call me.

______________________

A/N: The trailer was made by @infinity_and_beyond2. The trailer is to the right, check it out! --->