Chapter 28

Dirlu had already looked around the ground floor and hadn't found her servant, I paid her ticket and this is what I get. She held the collar as the cat bell made a light ring while she hiked up the hem of her dress to walk up the stairs while she walked up to the second floor, Faim and Eimy were descending down the stairs by the third floor.

"I was worried something happened to you." Faim replied sternly as he followed her down the stairs.

"But that doesn't mean that you have to go looking for me because you hadn't seen me in over an hour." Eimy retorted in an accusatory tone while her brown eyes were locked on Faim's while Dirlu tiptoed on the steps while the blonde siblings were arguing.

"I know that but--"

"But nothing! I can take care of myself just fine." Dirlu tiptoed four steps while Eimy's backside was in view. "In fact, neither you nor Mewmi could live without a taste of my cooking." Dirlu was about to put the collar on Eimy during her tirade when Faim caught Dirlu's wrist while Eimy flinched by the sudden movement.

A high pitched shriek alerted Chris and Mewmi, even some of the bystanders were startled by it.

"Where did that came from?" Astrid queried.

"Must be another Rave outbreak, I'll go check." Ash said as she was about to check the radar.

"Nah, the alarm would've gone off by now, must be a bug or something." Octavia turned around and saw Chris teleport out with the cat.

"Sorry about that." Faim loosened his grip on Dirlu's wrist.

"You scared me!" Dirlu snapped while she slapped Faim's hand away.

"You scared my eardrums." Eimy shouted at Dirlu before she spotted the cat bell. "What's with the cat bell anyway?"

Faim opened his mouth to say something but another voice came out. "Are you ok?" They turned around to see Chris holding Mewmi in one arm as he approached them.

Dirlu fanned herself with the wrong hand, not realizing that she was waving the collar with the cat bell as she blushed at the sight of him. "I'm fine, thanks for asking." Dirlu responded before she laughed sheepishly. The ring of the cat bell made Mewmi shudder.

"Is this your cat?" Chris asked her as he saw Dirlu holding the collar.

"No." Mewmi meowed.

"You can keep her." Eimy responded, "She likes to mooch a lot around the house."

"Does she?" Chris asked while the shapeshifting cat was sweating amidst the fur.