Chapter 14: Phixa 🆚️ Mirror

Brandon activated the barrier with a transparent forcefield, knowing well that the fight was going to get brutal. The roar of the crowd was heard, and some of the fans chanted Mirror's name. Glen stood in the middle of the arena. "You all know the rules by now: No necromancy. No kills." Glen then looked at Mirror. "And don't go overboard this time." Glen reminded the reigning champion of the Gladatorium, before he grabbed the silver whistle and blew it.

The Sun slowly peaked through the clouds, kissing Phixa's copper skin. Everyone in the crowd was on the edge of their seats waiting to see who was going to throw the next blow. The judges looked back and forth between them with criticizing eyes. Mirror, still confident and focused, shifted his foot and launched himself forward.

Patricia had increased the voltage by 3 hertz before Vilma came in. The blonde Pangaean stopped messing with the frequency on her device and then looked at her coworker with a devious smirk. "Is there a problem?"

Vilma had spotted Patricia inject Joon with a substance, not knowing that it was a virus Patricia was testing and waited until she left the infirmary. The resentful receptionist looked for syringes, new ones. She didn't have the chance to search because Nour was present when she tried to look. Vilma didn't like giving explanations nor accounts, especially if it involved her own personal affairs. She opened the cabinet that contained empty vials and syringes, just when she found a new bag containing 8 syringes. Patricia caught her red-handed while she clicked her tongue. "You shouldn't be butting your nose where it doesn't belong." Patricia chided.

"I should say the same to you, Patti." Vilma remarked, "Don't butt into my business, and I won't do the same to yours. If you even try to cross me, I'll take you down, and you're little snitch too." Vilma glared at Patricia.

"Not at all," Vilma showed a plastered smile, as long as you're not one of them.

Nour checked Joon and Haeji's vitals and they seem to be fine. "How are you both feeling?"

"I thought I was going to die." Haeji commented.

"Same, though I'm feeling kinda thirsty." Joon replied.

Hong ate her sashimi by herself, while Yin and Alexandra shared a table. The elderly yamitzu master was eating his soup while Alexandra chowed down on the teriyaki. The angel watched the match between the hybrid phoenix and Mirror.

Mirror shapeshifted to look just like her. From the dark brown hair, orange tips, light red eyes and coppery skin down to the radiant feathers and talons.

Physically, I'm stronger and faster. The most she can do, it seems, is defend. Eventually her guard will weaken and that will be my chance.

Phixa tightened her guard as Mirror landed a powerful punch on the right muscle, leaving a light bruise.

Phixa is doing great, Alexandra thought.

"Looks like she's having a hard time keeping up with her opponent." Yin stated before taking another spoonful of the soup.