Chapter 6

Alex mentally repeated the names of the raptors, trying to make sure she won't forget who's who. "Nice wings," Alex said to Indy, "My name's Alex. I go by she/her pronouns." Alex had no reason to worry about people getting her pronouns wrong, but she hoped by saying that, it'll subtly invite the others to share as well. Especially the raptors. She wouldn't even know where to begin guessing for some of them. And what's this about hybrids that Shadow keeps mentioning? After Alexandra introduced herself to Indy, Phixa walked up to her.

"Hi Alex, my name is Phixa, I go by she/her pronouns. Nice wings." The hybrid phoenix introduced herself to Alexandra.

"Nice to meet you." Alex responded.

"Is nice to know that I'm not the only hybrid around, as you can see." Phixa stretched her fiery wings, exposing her bird half from the waist down, from her feathery legs to the talons. Though Phixa's imperfections were tame compared to The Raptors predatory behavior, it's in their nature to hunt their prey like that, but at least save it for the match.

"It's a good thing that there is only one dinosaur competing in the tournament." Faim admitted, "Otherwise it would be really dangerous having to fight them all at once."

Scale agreed to that statement, it was already bad enough that his world was in danger, and the fact that the survival of his realm depended on him winning this tournament, and the possibility that he had to fight Shadow already poses a threat to his task. And all because Grim made a bet with the devilish sorcerer and his mighty beast.

Vilma headed to the reception to return to her post while Grim stood from his seat to meet up with the receptionist. Anything was better than to sit around waiting. Vilma sat next to Geoffrey, "looks like you're in a good mood." Her coworker replied, well, more like commented.

"It's our job to keep a happy face isn't it?" Vilma hinted.

"Knowing you, you might have something under wraps. I don't care what it is as along as it doesn't affect my job." Geoffrey reminded her as he checked on the website. Checking for any updates about the competitors. The passwords that will grant them a safe return to their respective worlds. Every fighter had one except, for June.

"Vilma, did you assign a password for her?" Geoffrey asked, which was obvious that she didn't.

"She would've had one if she wasn't so obstinate. If she wants to remain trapped in the stadium, that's her problem." Vilma countered as she typed away at the keyboard.

"She will become your problem once the supervisor finds out." He warned while Vilma rolled her eyes.

"Then I'll inform her that the contestant refused to take on a passcode for her world and that's the end of it." Vilma typed as she had an idea. "Now that I think about it... you have a point." She added.

"Well that's a first." Geoffrey muttered, as she saw a devious smirk on her face.

"If she doesn't want a password, I have no other choice than to give her one." Vilma typed in the password for June and sent it. The webpage updated when the male secretary saw a change with the update, but before he could click on it, he felt a dark presence, like an inkling of dread crawled around the pit of his stomach until he saw Grim loom over them, once Geoffrey took a glance at the Shadow Soldier, he had a jumpscare. A girly high-pitched scream was heard. Frankly, Grim would've enjoyed the warm welcome out of his terrified victims, but he was focused on Vilma's proposal to care about the male receptionist's heart attack. "Ah, you came, I didn't expect to see you so soon." Vilma responded casually, though she wasn't lying, mostly.