Chapter 22

Alexandra flew back to where the other competitors were, once she saw Phixa crestfallen, the angel walked up to the hybrid phoenix.

"I saw the match. You were great out there." Alexandra said.

"You're just saying that to make me feel better. I bet you couldn't see the difference between him and I."

"I saw the difference by the look in your eye." Alexandra looked at Phixa in the eyes. Phixa let out a breath before she slumoed her shoulders.

"I justed wanted a chance to win one tournament to prove that I can be strong like a full-blooded phoenix." Phixa said before the hostess came into the fray.

"You're in luck, I happen to be offering an opportunity for defeated combatants another chance to stay in the tournament." The hybrid looked at the hostess, a flawed mortal with a natural complexion, small sun spots on the bridge of her nose and partially crooked teeth. Phixa walked a couple of paces in front of the hostess.

"Of all the tournaments I participated, I never heard such an offer." Phixa gave a scrutinizing glance at the host.

"Until now. This is the first time I'm implementing an additional match and I was hoping you would be one of the first contenders to participate. This could encourage new aspiring combatants to compete in the future. With your expertise, you can give insight on what could make this tournament different from the previous tournaments you've partaken in." Natalie said before she prodded for any more information.

Phixa and the hostess saw the nurses take Ratu away to the infirmary while the boy was unconscious.

"Well that was fast." Phixa blurted out.

"We don't usually allow children to participate unless the parent or legal guardian sign for the minor to compete." Natalie explained.

Piros saw Phixa talking to a woman in a grey suit. He couldn't help stare at the phoenix hybrid, from her coppery skin to her feathery waist.

"When I was in Paradise, the Phoenixes would fight over the fire or in very high places. The stadium where the phoenixes fight every year remained flawless, symmetrical. A full-blooded phoenix could fight for a whole day without signs of exhaustion, with my human half, I have a lot of difficulty keeping up with them." Phixa responded.

"Perhaps a full-blooded phoenix can endure extremely high temperatures and intense flames much more than a human, or a phoenix hybrid would, but have you considered using abilities that a full-blooded phoenix couldn't possess?" The hostess suggested.

"What do you mean?" Phixa cocked an eyebrow.