Chapter 9: Alexandra 🆚️ Annabell

Geoffrey brought rice with chicken breast, pigeon peas and gravy with a soda for lunch. "I can't wait to watch the fight." He said as he sat down to watch, opening the plastic to take out a plastic spoon. Goung brought his meal as he opened the chair to sit down. 

"Did I miss anything?" Jane Doe asked.

"No, you are just in time to watch the show." Goung replied.

"Since when did women started judging the tournaments?" Herring asked in a disbelieving tone.

"Excuse me?" Annabell balled her fists on her hips as she glared at Herring's remark. "Ever heard of Lady Justice?"

"Who's she?" Herring asked her, the human evolution was appalled by his ignorance, who hadn't heard of lady justice at this point? 

"Are you kidding me?!" She shouted before Herring tried to hush her as he squinted at Adrian, attempting to decipher his stoic expression.

"You seriously haven't heard of Lady Justice?" Faim questioned him, checking if he was being sexist or actually oblivious of the question.

"Should I know who that is?" Herring asked him in return.

"The only god of Judgement I've heard of is Rot, or RØD and even the monarchy take his name seriously." Ratu affirmed Herring's ignorance. 

"By Gonza, he's not joking." Faim thought.

Scale was looking somewhere in the audience to see if he could find any of the Shadow Soldiers until he spotted Blade and Melon.

Melon was laying her head on Blade's chest when she heard his stomach growl. "I'm in the mood for a juicy steak right now." Blade commented while Melon shifted to the side.

"I'm in the mood for Mexican food. A hot spicy quesadilla with guacamole." Melon replied thinking about the guacamole. 

"Good idea." The Shadow Soldier with the orange tinged cloak and the blonde goddess that followed him headed out for lunch, leaving Grim alone to watch the screen.

"Have any of you seen Sam or Vilma anywhere?" Jane Doe asked as she took out her lunch out of a paper bag.

"Sam is a procrastinator, I wouldn't be surprised if Soul ratted him out for loitering, and Vilma..." Geoffrey trailed off, refusing to talk about what Vilma was planning since he didn't want to know what goes on with that twisted mind of hers.

Vilma was wearing casual clothing as she had her dark brown hair tied to a small bun and wore her sunglasses, a brown leather jacket, stylized sneakers and an ocean blue scarf with brown tinged to the lower end of the scarf. Grim was watching the screen as they were announcing the official matches of each division.

"The first match for the Magic Division will be... Alexandra, the angel versus Annabell Lily Luna." Eleanor announced, Alexandra was next to Phixa when she saw the first result, Annabell didn't expect to fight in the tournament so soon.