Chapter 7

Stella walked angrily, nostrils flaring and her red eyes glaring dangerously. 

A dissonant bond that lead to internal dismay and impulses. To all which ends with a burn out. 

Stella walked past Carina, the usurper lowered her sunglasses for her cat eyes to be seen. The Izarian agent entered and passed by infiltrated bounty hunters, fighters, deities, and an average group of people.

But worry not. This is simply a warning. 

Stella's magenta hair swept side to side before she slowed down and walked at a normal pace, when in the corner of her eye, an elf with cobalt blue eyes walked away looking for the arena. 

Let's just hope you don't burn out like a star.

Stella entered into the waiting room to meet up with the other contestants. Patricia stood nearby as she watched over the guests.

Melon was listening to Blade's heartbeat while she traced circles on his chest and stomach. As relaxed the Shadow Soldier felt, he noticed that Grim had been gone for a while. He better not be causing any more trouble. Blade thought before Grim came back to his seat. The Shadow Soldier with the ocean blue tinged cloak propped his left elbow and palmed his chin in a bored expression.

"Well this is boring." Grim commented.

"You just got back." Blade said, slight annoyance shown on his face.

"And I'm already bored." Grim replied.

"Not my problem." Blade said.

"Your face says otherwise." Grim replied, Blade was about to stand when Melon intervened.

"Ignore him, Blade. Don't give him the satisfaction. He wants you to get riled up over nothing." Melon calmed him as she raised her head up, then leaned in to kiss him on the cheek to which Grim made gag noises.

Maori Knaiver got lost and walked around the stadium to kill time before the tournament started. She found a small kiosk full of books. Despite being a tease herself, she was a sucker for romance novels. She checked which books piqued her interest. "How may I help you?" Hayley asked, looking at her. 

"Hi, do you have any thrilling romance novels?" Maori asked. 

"Sure." Hayley picked out a box labeled romance and brought them out to the counter. "We have romance books. Rom com books, vampire/werewolf novels, lgbtq themed romance novels..."

"Do you have any steamy books?" Maori asked.

"Well, I do have steampunk and urban fantasy stories, unless you're referring to erotica."

Hayley responded.

"Yes, the last one." Maori smirked, Rax perched on top of her shoulder in mild curiosity as Hayley brought out another box with the letter E on it. She showed the books that had covers of muscular men, seductive women or an objects with elegant typography with euphemism for genitalia and intercourse.