Chapter 24

The Morean maiden sat down as she fanned the hot soup. Sora and the Dimension Guardians sat at a table as they brought what they ordered. Thomas had taken a bite off of the baby back ribs with barbecue sauce. Stacey used a fork to stab a defenseless tomato from her salad. María took a sip of mineral water with a slice of flatbread Mike gave her while he scarfed down his in large chunks. Sora was eating mashed potatoes before she saw Violet. She could see her purple hair stand out and her lilac garb from where she was.

A young man with a samurai hat and a uniform brought tea, one for the lady in lavender and one for himself.

"Your battle was nothing I had ever seen before." Jacinto openly admitted as he gave Violet tea.

"It's mild compared to the battles that will come." Violet mentioned before she blew the steam off the soup.

Even if you defeat me, you won't be able to stop what's coming. Sora swallowed the mashed potatoes as she recalled her match. If a skilled assailant like her was able to break through her defenses effortlessly against an Arivex endowed with cosmic powers like her. Why would she go through all the trouble to warn her?

"It's true. The fights will become fierce, but you will find a way to overcome them." Jacinto responded as he looked at her. Violet took another spoonful before she saw the tea he gave her and saw his reflection through the tea.

"I confess, I did not expect to meet someone as persistent as you." Violet looked at Jacinto as he gazed at her. "Usually, I have a clear outcome of what will come at my way. You became a rift that changed my course." She said as she looked at his icy blue eyes.

"I hope that is a good thing." Jacinto gave a dimpled smile.

Sora was staring at them before Stacey noticed the Arivex zone out. "Hey, Hasaki!" Sora looked at Stacey. "What did she tell you when you were fighting her?" Stacey queried as her green eyes gave a stern glance at Sora.

It was the way she looked at her. Violet warned her to stay alert, and Stacey knew that Sora kept withholding information.

"Nothing." Which was sort of true, they didn't say a word to each other, they just communicated telepathically.

"Yeah, I also wanna know." Zack added as he finished eating his flatbred. Sora resumed eating mashed potatoes.

The Deity of Liberty leaned on the wall after Ryan had gone with Felin to indulge her in tracking an unusual scent. Breloq was calm, still as a statue until he heard the Deity of Discipline within his empty head. "Breloq, I require your assistance." Tantetra requested in her usual professional tone.

With his jaw zipped shut, he transmitted his thought, "I'm on my way." The 10 ft wind up doll erected a door, then twisted the knob to open the portal that would leave him to ParaVi's realm.