Chapter 21: Piros 🆚️ Scale

"And last but not least is Piros versus Scale!" Eleanor announced as the ruddy Pirian native looked at the screen as he saw his face next to a scaly green fighter, their names displayed on the bottom.

"What?!" Piros stared at the screen in disbelief.

Perfect timing.

"And last but not least is Piros versus Scale!" Hwa Hae Ji heard the announcement.

"Look!" Alexandra said to the hybrid phoenix, "Isn't that the redhead we met a while ago?" The angel asked her.

"It is." Phixa confirmed, though she didn't expect him to be quite... muscular. On the screen he looked liked he was smiling, when she met Piros, he was nervous.

"Why would he omit that he was also fighting in the tournament?" Alexandra cupped her chin as she looked at the screen.

Phixa also had the same question until she noticed something earlier, Herring was on the defensive when they were talking about Piros. "I saw your name under mine earlier." Phixa mentioned.

"When?" Piros asked, Herring's eyes darted at Piros and then at Phixa in a panic.

"An hour ago, when all the names of the fighters were shown in bullets before the tournament started. Are you going to fight as well?" Phixa asked him, looking at him in the eyes.

"No." Piros responded.

"Believe it or not, Piros is a common name, the land where I was born is also named Piros." Herring interjected as he slung his arm around his best bud.

Alexandra snapped her fingers as she caught his drift. "Like Paris!"

"Yeah! She gets it!" That explained why he was acting so suspicious. Phixa thought to herself.

"Unless it wasn't him," Alexandra murmured to herself, "if that were the case, it must've been--"

"HERRING!" A yell snapped them out of their thoughts, the winged women saw Piros trek angrily as Vilma got out of the restroom and ran up to Buid and Grim.

"Did I miss it?" Vilma asked.

"No." Grim smiled darkly.

"You came just in time for the show." Buid replied while his serene smile got creepy.

"Should we go check it out?" Alexandra asked the phoenix hybrid.

"I don't think that's a good idea." Phixa replied before she saw Alexandra open her wings.

"If you say so, but I'm not gonna miss this." The angel added before she flew up to follow him. Phixa was hesitant at first but she then thought, someone had to stop them. Phixa opened her fiery wings and flew to catch up to them.