#ㅤㅤ𝕮hapter thirty-one.

Start from the beginning

ㅤㅤㅤClaire rolled her eyes at his childish behavior while Sol and Hisirdoux only frowned, not understanding how the boy didn't bother to be serious in a moment like that.

ㅤㅤㅤThey all paid close attention to the king as he spoke about the private tournament he would host to find a strong someone capable enough of fighting alongside him in the war that would come; Hisirdoux and Solamon already knew it all, they were the ones who paid less attention to that, instead the older teens were thinking of a plan to find where Morgana was before she could strike.

ㅤㅤㅤIzzet only snapped out of her thoughts after Steve's scream almost exploded her eardrums. She hit him in the arm, making him drop the chicken leg, and he cleared his throat, pretending not to be scared of Bular after he appeared from behind one of the exposed cells; Sol analyzed how many chains where needed to keep the monster restrained, they were all twisted in beautiful knots that were capable to keep Bular from moving a muscle.

ㅤㅤㅤAfter the king presented the monster that the winner would have to kill after finishing all the other contestants, they all followed after Hisirdoux, who found somewhere quiet to explain his newly devised plan.

ㅤㅤㅤ"We know Arthur is the main target," the apprentice started after Steve was close enough to hear him, as the boy was too curious and kept exploring Camelot while pulling Ezekiel along with him; the dark skinned boy was clearly tired of walking around, but he didn't complain at all. "I'll draw stasis straps around the perimeter, put up defense wards-"

ㅤㅤㅤ"Oooh! Freshly baked!" Sol's eyes sparkled after she saw what Steve was carrying; muffins made by the same baker who did her favorite blueberry pie, the best of the best. She took some to herself and giggled as Hisirdoux did the same, biting one at the same time as she did.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Mm. I forgot how good this tasted." he didn't bother to finish chewing before he spoke, taking more of the muffins from Steve's big pile. "The ones in the future aren't the same..."

ㅤㅤㅤ"Guys, this is Morgana we're talking about." Claire frowned as she scolded them all. "We can't just wait for her to slice our throats."

ㅤㅤㅤIzzet cleared her throat as she finished eating the little pies, embarrassed that she had to be scolded by someone much younger than herself.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Claire's right, from what we've seen, she's super powerful and will find a way in." Ezekiel crossed his arms, nodding at Claire's words.

ㅤㅤㅤ"No sign of any sorceresses," Archie flew down, circling Ezekiel as the boy looked around for Steve, who suddenly disappeared somewhere in the kingdom. "then again, all you humans do look alike."

ㅤㅤㅤ"She is crafty." Claire scratched her own chin as she frowned, thinking of where the witch could be hidden. "She'll try to infiltrate the tournament!"

ㅤㅤㅤThey began going up the stars that were right behind them, listening carefully to Claire as the girl told them her theories.

ㅤㅤㅤ"We have to go on the defensive, root the witch out!" Claire spoke with so much confidence that it inspired all of them to face Morgana.

ㅤㅤㅤ"I'll help you where I can." Ezekiel smiled at the girl, thought he didn't seem as confident as she was.

ㅤㅤㅤ"You do that, we'll secure the castle." Hisirdoux started to run ahead, but he stopped abruptly and turned around, making eye contact with Sol for the first time that day.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Sol, come with me so you can help me out with the stasis straps." the ginger had a feeling that he didn't actually need her help with that.