#ㅤㅤ⁰⁶. verum amicum pecunia non parabis.

𝐂𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝗂𝗑ㅤㅤㅤ───ㅤㅤㅤ𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗎𝗆 𝖺𝗆𝗂𝖼𝗎𝗆
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ𝗉𝖾𝖼𝗎𝗇𝗂𝖺 𝗇𝗈𝗇 𝗉𝖺𝗋𝖺𝖻𝗂𝗌.

ㅤㅤㅤ"OKAY, LET ME see if I understand..." Hisirdoux sighed for the fifth time that night. "You're a fairy and the king caught you near the castle and decided to keep you as a prisioner for Merlin to study more about you and assure him that your kind isn't a threat. Is that it or is there anything else that I don't know about you?"

ㅤㅤㅤShe thought for a moment before answering Hisirdoux with a smile, trying to make the situation a little better.

ㅤㅤㅤ"I have thirdy nine siblings and I was made from a dead viceroy butterfly." her wings trembled softly as she moved around uncomfortably in the wood chair.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Bleedy balroths..." the boy sat on her bed and sighed, pressing his hands against his own legs to try and calm down; she couldn't blame him, it was a lot of information to deal with. Solamon frowned seeing the confused expression in Hisirdoux's face and placed her hand over his own to try and calm him down, the apprentice looked up at her and frowned too.

ㅤㅤㅤ"All I have to ask you is for you to keep it a secret from Merlin, if he knows that you saw my wi-"

ㅤㅤㅤ"What is going on in here?!" the great wizard of Camelot appeared at the door, pushing it open since Archie was blocking it on purpose - the cat and his familiar had to do that to prevent Solamon from running away again without explaining what she had promised to -. The three of them stood up and gulped in fear.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Master, I can explain, I-" Hisirdoux started, but Sol stood in front of him, protecting him from the angry Merlin.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Hisirdoux saw them on accident! He came in the room while I was changing and ended up seeing my wings, it's my own fault for not locking the door." she lied in the most convincing tone she ever heard herself speaking in. Merlin seem to think for a minute before he sighed, believing what the girl had told him.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Alright. I trust my faithful apprentice to keep this a secret." he frowned at the boy, making him nod instantly.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Now Hisirdoux, excuse me, but I need to talk to the fairy in private." she trembled in fear, almost holding the boy when he started to move to not leave her alone with the scary old man.

ㅤㅤㅤSolamon begged for Hisirdoux to stay only with her expression, but he didn't seem to understand her despair and quickly leaves the room along with Archie. The girl saw Merlin frown as soon as the door was closed by his apprentice.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Pleasedon'tkillme." the ginger murmured multiple times while shutting her eyes forcefully.

ㅤㅤㅤ"I suppose I don't have to say anything for you to know that you have to be careful from now on." his strong words made her tremble a bit, the girl could only nod in fear.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Alright then. I have something else to do now, so all I can ask from you is to stay in your room until I can be sure no one else saw you trying to run away when you were helping Hisirdoux with the slorr." Merlin's words made her shocked, Solamon looked up to him and saw the old man raising an eyebrow, as if he was just testing her to see if she would tell him the truth; Sol immediately felt bad for lying.

ㅤㅤㅤ"...I swear I wasn't going to-"

ㅤㅤㅤ"I know you weren't. You hesitated, that was enough for me to trust that you won't be going anywhere any time soon." Merlin started to walk around her room, analyzing everything she had put around to decorate it.

ㅤㅤㅤ"But why lie about it?" the man questioned, turning to watch his false apprentice carefully sit on her bed.

ㅤㅤㅤ"I was scared of what you would think of me if you knew I was almost running away..." she avoided looking in the wizard's eyes, starting to play with a porcelain teacup she bought not so long ago; Sol liked how it looked and decided it would be the place she would put her candle on at the bed desk.

ㅤㅤㅤ"I see. Solamon Izzet, I've been covering up a lot of your mistakes here, it would be great if you helped me out a little and stopped doing so many wrong things. If the king knew all of what you have been doing here he would have you hanged, I hope you know that." the fairy sighed at his words, though she knew they were all true, she wasn't exactly making it easy for the poor old man.

ㅤㅤㅤThe non-human lady could only stay silent as he scolded her in a surprisingly calm manner. After he left the room for good, Sol was alone again; it was good, she needed the time to think anyway.

ㅤㅤㅤStill playing with the teacup, she ignored the hits on her window for a moment before she got tired of the sound and stood up to pull on the long green curtains. A crow stood outside of her window - maybe the same one from before? -, knocking his beak repeatedly on the glass. The fairy tried to get it off by tapping with her fingers against the window, but the crow insisted in staying there.

ㅤㅤㅤShe was so concentrated in the bird that when Hisirdoux called out for her from outside the room, she almost let out a scream.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Are you alright? Can I come in?" he asked, worried for his friend.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Um- yes, come in." Solamon turned to the door for a moment to answer him before looking back at the window; again, the crow was gone.

ㅤㅤㅤShe heard the door opening and closing behind her before a long sigh echoed in the room, Sol turned to look at the boy, who smiled at her for a moment.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Where's Archie?" she asked, looking for the cat around the room.

ㅤㅤㅤ"He was tired, went to my room to take a nap." the apprentice shrugged. They both stayed silent for some seconds before Hisirdoux sat on her bed and crossed his legs.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Can you tell me more about Eriynx?" he asked in a shy tone while moving around her bed to find a comfortable position. The fairy smiled in return and sat by his side; she was more than happy to tell stories about her village.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Did you know we've been on two wars against Gunmar?" she started, a proud smile taking over her expression.