Dallas || sunsets

grabbing your petite hand with his warm larger one, he pulled you along. You chuckled, loving every moment you spent with your boyfriend.

"Shh" Dal pulled you to crouch down with him, both you hiding behind some bush. You had no idea where Dal was taking you, but you already loved it. All he said was that he had somewhere to show you.

Dal poked his head above the bush a little, being secretive, as he looked over by the parked trains that would remain there for the night until the morning. Perfect, he thought. He watched as the conductors locked up the last freights. It's not like you guys were going inside them anyways.

"Alright"-Dal grabbed your hand back in his-"now!" he whispered as the conductors we're out of sight and on their way. You chuckled quietly as Dal lead you to one of the parked trains.

"Come on, doll. You'll love it" he smirked as he started climbing the latter on the side of the train, still holding your hand behind him.

When you got to the top, the sun instantly beamed brightly in your eyes, as it was starting to set for the night. Dal rested his hand against your forehead, covering the bright sun so you could see better. He did the same for himself with his other hand.

"Beauty ain't it" Dal stated as you both looked at the pink and orange colours in the sky.

"Is it ever" you whispered, wowed by the sight.

Not long after, both you took a seat on top of the train, letting your legs dangle from the side slightly. It was just both of you looking over the relaxing view. You never saw anything as pretty in a whole long time.

Soon enough, you both laid cuddled on your backs. The sun was still beaming brightly, but was starting to set more and more. It wasn't the sun that surprised you the most though, it was the fact that Dallas would bring you here-or even know about something like this. Just didn't seem like him.

You turned your head on Dal's shoulder to look up at him. He played with your fingers relaxingly. "Dal?" You whispered, sounding so calm.

"Yea, doll?" His gaze fell down on you.

"How'd you know sunsets were this pretty?" You questioned. He stoped playing with your fingers, which surprised you slightly.

"I didn't" he stated blankly. "I, uh.."-he swallowed his words-"I had a friend that digged them-I had two friends that digged them" he chuckled slightly. All though, you could sense it wasn't a to cheerful subject. "The one I told you about, the one that died, he wrote me a letter about watching one. Said maybe I'd get it. Man, I thought he was crazy"-Dal chuckled once again-"Anyways, I had nothing to do one night and decided to watch one, ya know, thought what the hell" he shrugged as he explained.

"You mean the boys you told me about back in Oklahoma?" You furrowed your brow. Dal had told you about the 'gang' once or twice, and about how his closest friend-who was like a brother-died, but he didn't bring it up to often. No, not here in New York.

"Ya" he nodded. "Anyways, that's how I got into em" he finished with a sigh. You rested your head back into his shoulder, as he started to play with your fingers again.

"You should take me there to see these friends of your's one day" you suggest.

"Babe, if I went back there, the boys at the station would already have me in cuffs by the time I reached town" he laughed