gang ||old memories||

Current ages
Darry:27
Soda:23
Pony:20
Steve:24
Two-bit:25
Dallas:24
Johnny:23
Y/n:19

You sat on the tire swing at the old lot, rocking back and forth. This vacant lot had a lot of memories since the gang and you were just kids. You looked over to the open field, where long, un-cut grass grew like every year. Tons of football games were won and lost there. You chuckled to yourself at the thought of Steve, bitching about how the other team cheated. Good ol' Stevie.

You waited for the rest of the gang to show. You planed to meet back here today, in 7 years, which it had been. Unbelievable, I know right.

Soon enough, you were all standing around each other with greetings. Boy, did Johnny sure did get taller, Steve looks like he's got stronger, Two-bit looked like he possibly stoped drinking, and from what you could tell...Dal only got tougher.

"Man, it's been a while Huh" Dal said with a cancer stick between his lips. Same ol' Dally.

"You got that right" Steve agreed. "Looks like the kid got taller" Steve pointed to Pony. We all laughed while Pony threw Steve into a head lock. He sure wasn't scared to take Steve on anymore.

"So where'd we bury this thing anyways?" Twobit looked around. We all kinda shrugged and some 'I don't know's' went around. When you were teens, you and the gang had buried a time capsule in the lot somewhere, planing to come back 7 years later.

"Didn't Twobit keep the map for it?" Darry asked as all eyes looked over to Twobit, before you all rolled our eyes.

"Twobit" everyone groaned. 'How stupid were we to leave it with Twobit?' You thought.

"Damn it" Steve said. Then You remembered, Johnny and You were sitting in the lot one night..

"Hard to believe we're gonna come back to it in 7 years" Johnny suddenly spoke, pointing to the fresh dirt pile under the tree

Under the tree! "Guys! I know where it is!" You exclaim and jog over to the tree where the old tire swing still hangs.

The gang followed behind you. They all helped dig with their hands, well Darry and Steve mostly. Finally, you guys reached the bottom as a black tin can appeared.

"There it is!" Dal exclaimed. Darry pulled it out and set it on the grass as everyone crowded around it.

Soda was the first to open it after a few rough tugs. "Ah!" Soda finally got it opened.

"Okay let's see what we find" Johnny said as you all started looking in it.

"Ha! hey Dal, here's your pack of smokes" Steve smiled as he tossed them to Dally. Dal smirked "needed some anyways" he said.

Soda pulled out a pack of tooth picks. "Why did I put these in here?" He shook his head.

"Really Pony?" Twobit asked sarcastically as he pulled out a book, Gone with the wind. "Hey I was looking for that" Pony said as he snatched it into his hands. You smiled. He used to read that to Johnny and you all the time.

"Classic Twobit" you said and handed him a very old empty bottle of beer. He smiled and gladly to it.

"Oh my god, look what I found guys" You shockingly pulled out all of that gangs old switch blades. Lots of those had been used in rumbles against socs.

"Damn, lots of memories with those" Dal said as everyone took theirs. Yours had a wooden handle, it was pretty rusty now. Something else caught your eye!

"Guys! Look!" You pulled out the one and only football. All the boys faces lit up.

"I call team captain!" Steve shouted.
—————————————————-
After about 10 rounds of tackle football, you guys decided it was time to go. You had an absolute blast being back with the gang. You all needed this, big time.

As you all walked back laughing, a group of boys, maybe about 10 or 8, ran into the lot.

"I call team captain!" One boy shouted as he tossed the football up and down. You smiled to yourself and continued walking. Man, you missed those times.