Wolffe/Separate Ways

Start from the beginning

"Damn, um, can you wait here a second?" You asked.

"Yeah, sure." Wolffe replied, uncertain.

You walked to where your boss had called you to see what was wrong. He blamed his nervousness because he couldn't ask a simple question. Well, it might have been a simple question but it was hard to ask. He patiently waited for you to get back so he can ask you again and hopefully not so nervous this time. He waited and waited, but he started to hear yelling, where you were from. He walked to see what was happening, to see if you were okay. And what he heard, made him stop in his tracks.

"You're discharged, you no longer work here."

Wolffe could not believe his ears. He grew angry and was about to walk in there until you spoke up.

"What?! I've worked here for 10 kriffing years and you're telling me to just throw it all away for nothing?!" You yelled.

"I know that this is a shock for you, but you're unfit for this job." Your boss said, calmly.

"The hell you mean I'm 'unfit for the job'?! You had the time to tell me that when you hired me! Please, you can't do this to me." at this point, you began to cry.

"I'm sorry, but you're discharged."

"You're not kriffing sorry. You never were."

You ran out, but Wolffe gently grasped your wrist, stopping you. You didn't dare look at him, knowing you'd feel more pain.

"Wolffe, I'm sorry that you had to hear all that. I only hope that you live your best life, without me." You said, not looking at him.

You pulled away and walked out, after grabbing your belongings.

'You're the best part of my life, I just wish you could see that.' Wolffe thought sadly, shedding a single tear.

It was at that exact moment, that you both had went your separate ways.

╭────༺♡༻────╮
𝟙𝟠 𝕄𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕙𝕤 𝕃𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕣
╰────༺♡༻────╯

Wolffe was not himself anymore. He hardly spoke to anyone, barely ate and showed no emotion on his face. No one dared to speak to him, in fear of getting yelled at. He only communicated through holotext, which he would sometimes receive messages from his General, his squad and hopefully, you. Some say that he had become a hallow shell when his dear medic got discharged. At most times, he would never even come out of the barracks. He would be asleep, dreaming about you and calling your name. Then when he woke up, you wouldn't be there. He wished that he should've asked you sooner. He wanted to turn back to when you weren't discharged and ask you. He was just too scared of taking rejection. Lost in thought, he received a message from one of his squad members, Comet.

Comet☄️: Hey, uh, me and the boys are heading to 79's for drinks. Would you like to come with us? You don't have to if you don't want to.

Maybe he should go out for some drinks, they'll probably help clear his head.

Wolffe: Sure. I'll be out in a minute.

He turned off his holopad and stood up. He really needed to clear his head. Maybe, just maybe, he would be able to think straight. He walked out of the barracks and towards the location where the speeders were. He received a few looks while walking but they looked away. His squad looked at him but Wolffe had already gotten on a speeder bike and sped off. The rest looked at each other and took off after him, not before getting on the speeder bikes.