Aftermath

Dior Saudiah Brewster

"I'm not taking ya home till she eats

"I'm not taking ya home till she eats." Gia repeated for the thousandth time as I sighed.

"Gia she's fine we're just tired." I tried to convince her but she wasn't buying it. "I have all day." She said sitting down at her dining table playing with her nails.

"Okay I'll just tell mommy or daddy to pick us up." I said and she started laughing.  "Okay and I'll tell them you went out somewhere using these." She said holding up the to fake id's.

"How you get that!" I asked feeling defeated. "I was once a teenage girl. Can't fool me Saweetie." She said imitating Auntie Santana's voice. "Akekeke." I said annoyed.

"Now start talking. Because your friend? She looks fucking distraught and I'm not sending her home like this." Gia said as I looked over at India and her eyes were all puffy and red while she sat there mute playing with the food Gia had made for us.

"Okay so we used the id's to go to a lowkey party in Harlem

"Okay so we used the id's to go to a lowkey party in Harlem. When we got in we were dancing regular party stuff and then Kasey and India's cousin Baby came over and we started talking. Out of no where gun shots went off and I pulled India down trying my hardest to protect both of us." I said and Gia said nothing.

"Wow. I'd be pretty traumatized too." She said looking over at India. Standing up she went and pulled her into a hug. "Indy it's okay. You're alive." She said rocking her back and fourth.

"I was so scared." India finally said. "I don't know. It's not my first time hearing gun shots. It's just being that close. I don't know what would have happened if something happened to me or Dior." She continued to cry harder in Gia's arm.

"It's okay. It's okay India. Your safe now." Gia comforted her as I felt my phone vibrate. Looking down it was an unknown number.

Yo ya good?

Rolling my eyes already knew it had to be Armani.

How you get my number weirdo.