Camila's Crew's Journey

Start from the beginning

We hear the convenience door open as the bell dings causing us to stiffen.

I slowly creep towards the edge of the aisle as I peer out to see two undead shuffling around.

"They're blocking the entrance," I whispered.

"There's a back one," Zayn points towards the door near us.

I peer around the corner to see that the zombies' backs are facing us.

"Their backs are facing us. Go, go," I said.

Normani puts her backpack on as I move towards the door first and open it.

Once done it reveals the sun's light, illuminating us but it also reveals a group of zombies.

I move to close the door but a zombie is on me in seconds as it bites down on my arm, removing a chunk of skin and meat.

"Fuck!" I scream.

I back away as I slip on a puddle crashing into Normani causing her to fall on Zayn as he topples over a shelf of alcoholic beverages, the bottles made of glass.

"Zayn!" I let out.

Before either Normani and I can even think of helping him, the zombies pouring through the door come at us as I unsheath my katana and Normani takes out her pistol.

Zayn's pained groans reach my ears as I see the two other zombies behind us advancing on him, drawn to his blood.

"Normani... Zayn," I said.

"But-"

"I'll handle these zombies take out the two behind us," I said.

Normani nods as she shoots down the two zombies right as I cut off the head of one of the zombies in front of me.

"Fuck there's a glass shard in him, real deep," Normani says behind me.

I drive my katana into two zombies' chests as there are only four left and they are pushing me back.

"Pull it out," I said.

Seconds after, Zayn begins to scream in pain as I kick the zombies back.

"Camila, I need your help," Normani says.

I push the zombies making them stumble into each other as they fall to the ground.

I rush over and help Zayn up as Normani holds one of her hands to his wound, putting pressure on it.

We leave the store through the front as we enter the woods again.

"Zayn how far are we?" I ask.

Zayn spits out blood as he murmurs, "We're not far out."

"With this condition though, it's gonna slow us down," Normani says.

"Just... Keep... Straight," Zayn grits his teeth, blood spilling out.

"Normani we need to lay him down, check his wound," I said.

We lean Zayn against a tree as he slumps down, Normani's hand still on his wound.

Normani kneels and removes her hand which is sticky, drenched with blood. She lifts his shirt as she inspects his wound.

"Is it severe?" I ask.

"Very, it looks like there are shards still in there, deep. If we don't remove them they can damage his organs and the wound can get infected as well," Normani explains.

"Fuck! I don't think we have any medical supplies Ally and Niall carried them all," I said.

"Let's just cover it up," Normani says.

I take out a bandana from my backpack as Normani takes off her belt.

She folds my bandana and places it on his wound as I wrap Normani's belt around his abdomen, tying the bandana in place.

"This should be good for now but we need to find medical supplies and treat this wound," Normani says.

"There's... Some... At the farm," Zayn says.

"Then we need to get there as quick as possible," I said.

Present time...

"That's what happened and as we were traveling here zombies smelled Zayn's blood so they chased after us," I said.

"Well, good thing you guys covered the wound because it would have gotten infected," Niall says.

"Enough talk, we need to get these shards out before they damage anything," Ally says.

All three doctors get to work as Dinah and Colson lead me into the living room.

"He's going to survive. Zayn's a fighter," Dinah says.

"But if I just didn't slip on that puddle this wouldn't have happened," I said.

"From what I hear it was that puddles fault, not yours," Colson says.

"Why don't you just sit down, I'll get you a glass of water," Dinah says.

About two hours later, Ally, Normani, and Niall walk into the living room where we three are.

"How's Zayn?" I ask.

"We successfully removed the shards and stitched him back up," Niall says.

"Thankfully the shards didn't damage anything," Normani smiles at me, relieved.

"He passed out though, he's up there in a bedroom. He should be up and going in a day or so," Ally says.

"Looks like our stay here will be a little longer," Dinah says.

"What do you mean?" I turn to her.

"Gerald tipped us off about this place," Colson says.

"Is he here?" I asked.

"No. He told us to come here while he went out to search for you. We said if he's not here in a matter of three days then we'll be camping out by the highway leading into Pennsylvania," Dinah explains.

"He'll be here. I left notes behind for him. Riddles actually," I said.

We all stay silent until all of our walkie-talkies go off, a voice coming through but the connection is not all that great.

"Highway leading into Pennsylvania."

That is all we hear before the connection gets cut off as we all look at each other in shock.

Meanwhile...

Lauren's POV

I walk out of the building and over to the campfire where Liam, Halsey, and Shawn are seated, eating their heated-up canned food.

"Did it work?" Shawn asks.

"I don't know. Hopefully," I said.