SICK

S I C K"i've got a sick girlfriend to take care of

S I C K
"i've got a sick girlfriend to take care of."

when you woke up, your head pounded and throbbed with nothing but a dull ache.

you groaned, the bright morning light from the window far too painful for your eyes. you rubbed your eyes with the back of your hand as your stomach churned uncomfortably.

  you closed your eyes to get the world to stop spinning (even just for a second), but when you deemed that pointless, you rolled over on your stomach, trying to find comfortability. you felt like you had been hit with the plague. dramatic, obviously, but it was a correct description of how you felt.

  when you finally gained the willpower to sit up in your weak body, your hair was a mess, and your sweatpants were rolled up to your knees, and you were cold, yet sweating at the same time. you turned your head to find drew missing from the messy bedsheets. you groaned again. you just wanted some comfort and cuddles from your boyfriend, was that too much to ask?

  after slipping on one of drew's hoodies and a pair of your favourite fuzzy socks, you slowly trailed your way into the kitchen. you huffed when a new wave of sick hit you (more like slammed into you like a firetruck).

  "morning love," drew greets from his spot on the couch in the living room. he was on a video call with his co-stars, and you tried to make as little noise as possible so not to disturb him. you yawned, waving your hand back, weak and sad. his brows furrowed, confused by your behaviour. he followed your every move, and eventually when you led his eyes to the medicine cabinet, he understood immediately.

you poured yourself a glass of water into a sesame street mug, courtesy of your very fussy five-year-old niece, and the cool liquid soothed your scratchy throat.

you carried your mug over to drew, and he immediately patted the spot beside him and stretched his arm out for you to crawl into. you internally cried, he looked so good, and you were here looking pale and green with greasy, knotted hair.

  he planted a soft kiss to your forehead as you sat down and he put his arm around you. "you feeling okay?" he asked, before placing another kiss to your red-hot cheeks. you shook your head, closing your eyes and succumbing to your fatigued state as you rested your head on drew's lap.

you still felt like puking, but being with drew elevated your mood a tiny bit.

  he chatted with his co-stars, sharing laughs and conversations while you tried your hardest to block out all noise. your head couldn't take it. drew had so kindly turned down the volume on his laptop, but it hadn't really helped.

  eventually he sighed, running a hand through your hair lovingly and said: "well, i should go. i've got a sick girlfriend to take care of."

you heard a bunch of "aww's" coming from his co-stars, to which drew chuckled in response. when he hung up and closed his laptop shut, you sat up fully.

  "was that important?" you mumbled, your voice raspy.

  "not as important as taking care of you." he smiles. you were surprised he heard you, but i guess he got used to your mannerisms and voice by now.

  "drew, if that was important—" you start softly, but he shushes you before you could finish.

"it wasn't important, don't worry." he pulled you towards him and cuddled you close to his side. you wrapped your arms around his torso, nuzzling your face into his chest. "feeling any better?" he asked

you shook your head, mumbling a small "no" as he softly traced his fingers up and down on your arm, an action he did often and you loved it.

  "get some rest and let me take care of you," he said, holding you closer. "i love you and love taking care of you." he whispered, once he was sure you had drifted off to sleep.