CHAPTER 11: Broke As Hell

LALISA

I've been eating onigiri for the whole weekend, and I'm broke as hell. My salary from my sideline went to my rent, electricity bill, and water bill. I don't have anything but onigiri and water in my fridge.

Seulgi and I are here in our classroom. I'm eating a sandwich from Rosie and pepero that I stole from Cubby's bag.

"Lali, is that sandwich so delicious that you forgot my existence?" Seulgi asked me.

"It's delicious, tho."

"Yeah, it looks like it is. Can I have a bite?"

"No, you can't."

"Why? I want to taste it. "

"Get your own bear." I finished the sandwich and I opened my pepero.

"Can I have one?" She pointed at my pepero and I gave it to her. "Thanks."

"₩1,000 for that." She already eaten the pepero and her eyes widened.

"What?"

"That piece you just ate cost ₩1,000 so pay."

Yeah! Why is it so expensive? And why are you so greedy for money today?"

"I need to pay my rent and bills."

"So you are broke as hell?" I nodded. "I thought you already got a salary from Moonbyul."

"Yeah, and I used it to pay for my bills."

"Does your mom send you some money?"

"She used to, but I told her to stop and she just used it for herself."

"You are so kind, Monkey, but you will get hungry if you don't look for another source of income."

"I know, I was browsing at the computer shop for some part-time jobs and I saw some, but the salary is not good. It's too low."

She was about to say something, but the professor arrived a minute early, maybe because a certain someone was here. Well, Jennie Kim started to attend this class, and she always sat beside me.

We were in the middle of the lesson when I started to have deep thoughts. I was thinking about where I could find a freaking job that had high pay.

I sighed deeply and buried my face in the table. I'm broke and I need money or else a skinny me will really turn into a stick.

"Lali." Seulgi nudged me, and I sat up properly.