CHAPTER 02: Hierarchy

LALISA

We finished our morning classes and it was already lunch time. Seulgi had the same schedule as mine, and we became friends easily. We just clicked because of similarities.

We went to the cafeteria since Rosie texted me that she was already there eating. We ordered food first before we looked for her. I noticed that the food they served us was very different from the food they served the rich students. 

They had steaks, Italian pasta, roasted chicken, garlic bread, and a Caesar salad with chicken breast. While poor students such as ourselves eat kimchi jjigae, kimchi fried rice, fried tofu, bulgogi, and triangle rice balls.

"Hierarchy really sucks." I uttered after I sat beside Rosie.

"So, you already saw the differences between our foods." I nodded.

"Rosé, this is Kang Seulgi, my new friend and coursemate... Seul, this is Rosé or Rosie. " I introduced them to each other, and they both shook their hands.

"So how is your morning class?" Rosie asked.

"It's pretty good, but I feel neglected."

"Why?"

"The professors' attention is always on the rich people, and I felt ignored or abandoned, since, you know, they always ask them if they understand or what."

"That's how studying here works. Get used to it. "

"Can I ask something?"

"You already asked, but yeah, shoot."

"Why is there still a P.E subject?"

"That is extracurricular and it is required. They want us to stay fit and not only focus on our studies.

"Is this PE like the normal subject?"

"Yes it is, but we will be having PE under the sun."

"What?"

"The facilities like covered courts are for only the rich people."

"We will be playing under the sun. That is why there are a lot of different courts outside." Seul added.

"So we will need to buy a lot of sunscreen and wear clothes that have long sleeves?" I clarified and they both nodded. "This school is unbelievable."

"Yes, it is." They both said it in sync.

"By the way, we will be classmates at PE." Rosie said, and I nodded.

We ate while talking with each other. Suddenly, the students started to make some noise. There is a commotion here, but what is this commotion about?