CHAPTER 17

A purple ringed eyes opened.A slight tingle sensation from his body erupts as he became stiff in his laid back position.

The man moved a single finger and winced when a pain struck from it.His eyes wonders in the area.

A cave?

The poking pain was unbearable,until a slimy and sticky texture climb up to his chest and somehow he sighed in relief when It slowly faded away.However there is still a bloody wound but it was fine to say that he wont bear it anymore.

He eyed the creature and turns out it was a white with a blue lined slug that healed him.He narrowed his eyes when it spoke.

"Ms.Konan said you need to rest.And don't be wary,my master ordered me to heal you along with bomber-san there"Katsuyu spoke.Now everything was blurry in Peins head.First of how is he still alive.Second where is Konan and third who is bomb-san?

And then it hit.He inwardly cursed.
How long was he unconscious again?

"1 whole day"the slug again spoke,like she's reading his mind.Pein moves his head to look at his side and he was meet by half dead blonde Akatsuki.

Deidara's skin was red due to his explosion,His face was broken and he slightly winced.His arms were half gone and to put it out perfectly,he was messed up.And Pein wondered,how is he still alive.

But when two people entered the caved where he was in.He was perplexed.A blue haired woman somehow brightens her face when she saw him awake.

Konan moves beside him and puts a reasurring hand in his shoulders.

"Are you still hurt somewhere?"her voice quite but filled with concern.Pein was speechless and he didn't know what to feel.

When he meets her golden eyes he thinks of why for all people,him as a horrible human being,that had done so many cruel things was given a second chance.

A voice enterrupts both of their stares and they both turned their heads on the second company.The Sakura clone motions Deidara to her right and give the both of them a closed eye smile.

"Seems like your doing good"she said.Pein remembered her as an apprentice of the fifth hokage,and a member of team 7.And ofcourse he remembered her as one who battled Sasori and held her ground.She was quite popular with her title.

Konan smiled at her,surprising Pein.He never saw her smiled since then.When the latter erased all of their emotion he never get to feel the warmth and light Konan helds.But seeing her tiny smile while looking at him.He almost lift his lips up.

"Thank you really"Konan said.Sakura waved her hands at them.

"Don't worry,Just like the two of you,I am also a sinful person.And there's always a second chance for the people who would willingly change for the better"Sakura watched the expression of the Orange haired man.Seeing it still had that weak and cold look.She shooked her head.

Sakura continue to examine Deidara's expression.And his physical health.Now her getting busy,Konan tore her eyes from Sakura and stared at Pein again.Slightly leaning beside him.

Pein watched her with his critical eyes.He observed how her calm demeanour shakens as she fidget her hands in the hem of her cloak.

All those years of being together he can practically reads every reaction and action she makes.And seeing her being nervous,confused him.

Although in his very mindful brain and observant eyes,Konan averted her gaze at him and looks at his bedding.

"Is something wrong?"he whispered.Konan stilled a little and sighed.She glanced at Sakura a bit and saw her raising a thumbs up to them.